TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Wrap a JPG or a bitmap around a cylinder
Read 2305 times
* July 08, 2009, 11:52:55 AM
I am working with version 16.1 Pro with the mechanical add on.

I was wondering if anyone has a good way to attach a picture image to a 3D surface so it can be wrapped around a cylinder.

I am currently creating 3d models of circuit board components which I save on Autocad 2008 format.  We then convert the 2008 models into Inventer for our 3d Assemblies.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

* July 08, 2009, 12:29:48 PM
The usual way is to use LightWorks to wrap an image around a cylinder, but being that this is to be exported to a different program that doesn't support LightWorks, I'm not sure how you would do this.

The cylinder in the picture is found in "Testing Materials.TCW" at "C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP16\Samples\3D Samples". You'll probably need to OK/Skip a bunch of messages due to the correction of an old Coverage Bug if you do look at the file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* July 08, 2009, 12:57:53 PM
Thanks John,

I've been playing around with the material editor for the 3D object of a 360 degree bent box.

I tried setting the Category to Brick and the material to a picture then I edit the material to select the jpg file.  I then mess around with aspect ratio and the S and T scales.  This is a bear to get aligned.  I appreciate your response.  I'll keep digging.

Thanks,
Ty

* July 08, 2009, 01:28:05 PM
Henry has some books at CADCourse.com that might be of help.

See this Search page.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit