TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

SUG: TCAM - Part setup - User Defaults
Read 2330 times
* January 05, 2011, 09:15:25 AM
Often a CAM user will have tooling/materials/part geometry/reference and machine  definitions that represent the significant majority of starting points for CAM work.  CAM productivity would significantly improved if CAM module had an "Options" menu and submenus that would allow the user to define default parameters that would be the "user definable" starting point for their CAM work.

Brock

January 05, 2011, 09:51:44 AM
What I have done for this is to create a template to always know where I am on my router table. I create my original drawing in my "Standard Template", I may have multiple peices to cut, which I have in blocks. I then copy one of the blocks & start a new drawing with my "CAM Template" & paste into it. I then explode the block, which allows me to create my tool paths. All I have to do to the template is add the tools I will use. I then save this as a unique name in the same folder where I saved the drawing created in the "Standard Template". Inside that same folder I have a folder named "G-Code" which I store my programs for this particular project.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* January 05, 2011, 10:48:53 AM
Kevin,

Thanks for the template tip.

Brock

January 05, 2011, 11:55:14 AM
No problem Brock. BTW Kevin is my brother, I am Kenneth.  ;D

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||