TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Symbols - size and where stored?
Read 1983 times
July 01, 2009, 02:19:33 PM
Hi,

Can someone tell me why it  is that some symbols are not the right scale when put into a drawing? Is there a way to change this.

Also, where are "My Symbols" stored? I have found a My Symbol's file but they appear just as numbers whereas I had given them names when created in drawing. Does the name just not show up in the file?

Thanks,

Deborah

Deborah Danniels-French

July 01, 2009, 05:09:53 PM
Hi,

Can someone tell me why it  is that some symbols are not the right scale when put into a drawing? Is there a way to change this.

Also, where are "My Symbols" stored? I have found a My Symbol's file but they appear just as numbers whereas I had given them names when created in drawing. Does the name just not show up in the file?

Thanks,

Deborah

Hi Deborah,

Question 1.  After you have brought in the symbol while it is still selected, go to the inspector bar at the bottom and scale the symbol up or down in the scale fields.  If symbols are components of the drawing then I draw them in real world dimensions then they will come in at the correct size. If they are drafting symbols then one may need to scale them like text.

Question 2.  You can set where your symbols are stored by going to options/file locations and set the path where files are put.

You can see the names of the symbols when windows explorer displays the files in a directory, click on the views icon and select details or select details from the view menue.  Right click on the title bar above the details and check "titles".  A column named titles will appear with all the symbol names.  You can then sort by the symbol title you wish

Jon Coxwell, AIA
Windows Win 7x64
TC19,20 32 bit, 20,21,22 64 bit (Platinum)
RedSDK usually off  Win 10 pro

Save the Planet
Conserve & Recycle