TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Viewing text in hidden line and draft view
Read 4049 times
* December 02, 2010, 03:29:04 PM
Is there a way to display dimensions in hidden and draft view, other then exploding and giving the entities a thickness.

December 02, 2010, 03:39:37 PM
Is there a way to display dimensions in hidden and draft view, other then exploding and giving the entities a thickness.

Yes  , Check nonrenderable objects

see picture

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

December 03, 2010, 01:29:31 PM
Allan, many thanks for the reply, I should have been more specific, what I meant was , is there a method  to display dimensions in hidden and draft view, other then exploding and giving the entities a thickness and ticking the non renderable objects box.

Sorry, no idea. ???

Alan H. 

* December 03, 2010, 01:52:21 PM
re: Is there a way to display dimensions in hidden and draft view, other then exploding and giving the entities a thickness.

Don't explode. Go to the Text property for your dimensions in the Selection Info palette, then choose "Flexible" from the Mode property. You can also set this up ahead of time.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

December 03, 2010, 02:40:18 PM
Go to the Text property for your dimensions in the Selection Info palette, then choose "Flexible" from the Mode property.

I cant find a way to assign a thickness (like with text).  My dimensions don't show in hidden line mode even with flexible checked.

Alan H.

* December 03, 2010, 04:13:05 PM
re: My dimensions don't show in hidden line mode even with flexible checked.

Did you follow your advice above and turn on "Nonrenderable objects"? With that on, the dimensions do show up for me, though they are hollow since they have no thickness. I don't remember there being a way to assign a thickness outside of exploding.

After re-reading all of this a few times, I doubt that there is anything here that will be of help for what he wants.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

December 03, 2010, 04:33:44 PM
Did you follow your advice above and turn on "Nonrenderable objects"?

Yeah, I was thinking it would work like text, if you could assign a thickness you wouldn't have to use "nonrenderable objects" to get them to show.

I guess a work around is to create a layer for all the other nonrenderable objects and turn those layers off.

Are there any benefits, that you can think of, to setting the dimensions to flexible?  Maybe that's why they didn't put it in the properties dialog.  Minor, but maybe this is something for the wish list.

Alan H.

December 03, 2010, 09:15:32 PM
Long Long ago in a version (6) Far Far away, I somewhat recall that one could set the Thickness property programatically in VBA, by adding the property to the extended properties, and setting the value, though I cannot prove it now! There were other Text properties that could be set that way too.

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim

December 03, 2010, 09:49:11 PM
Long Long ago in a version (6) Far Far away, I somewhat recall that one could set the Thickness property programatically in VBA, by adding the property to the extended properties, and setting the value, though I cannot prove it now! There were other Text properties that could be set that way too.

Newbie ??? No newbies talk like that, your experiences showing. ;D

Alan H.

December 04, 2010, 04:10:21 AM

Newbie ???
I don't know where that comes from...it just attached itself

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim