TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

viewport
Read 1690 times
December 02, 2010, 02:30:41 PM
Sorry - I'm back again with another problem!
I can create a first named view and insert it into the viewport
but when I try to insert a second named view into the viewport  the paper space is already occupied with the previous named view .

I can select everything in the paper space and delete it -  then insert the new named view into the paper space  but this seems rather convoluted - there must be a better way?
thanks,,
Darrell

December 02, 2010, 02:45:18 PM
when I try to insert a second named view into the viewport  the paper space is already occupied with the previous named view .

Not sure what you're trying to do?

You can insert two smaller view ports in one paper space.

Do you need another paper space?

Right click on the paper space tab and select "insert" and you will make another paper space.

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* December 02, 2010, 03:16:53 PM
Sorry - I'm back again with another problem!
I can create a first named view and insert it into the viewport
but when I try to insert a second named view into the viewport  the paper space is already occupied with the previous named view .

On the inspector bar is model space and to the right of it is paper space, right click on the paper space and press duplicate....and so on

don

December 02, 2010, 03:32:46 PM
On the inspector bar is model space and to the right of it is paper space, right click on the paper space and press duplicate....and so on

The difference between "duplicate" and "insert" regarding paper spaces.

"Insert"    creates a new empty paper space.  (default properties)

"Duplicate"  duplicat everything in that paper space. (drawings and properties)

Right clicking on the paper space tab will also lead to the paper space "properties" these properties will be specific to this paper space and not the other paper spaces.

Alan H.

December 02, 2010, 03:43:15 PM
Thanks to both Don and Alan - that did it.
So far TurboCad seems to be a great program.
I make an effort to find the answers  myself first - but sometimes I need  help - hopefully I am not seen as a pest
thanks again,
Darrell

* December 02, 2010, 03:45:35 PM
Thanks for pointers which I've probably forgotten about...

When I set up Paper space for myself it is for a particular project and will include a Title page, Dimension properties, Text properties and any other settings I'll need, then duplicate as many as required.

don

December 02, 2010, 03:55:12 PM
So far TurboCad seems to be a great program.

I agree ;D

I make an effort to find the answers  myself first - but sometimes I need  help - hopefully I am not seen as a pest

Not a problem, I spent a year trying to figure this stuff out, with the Manual, before I found this forum.  Besides, I consider this my internship, I still got a ways to go... ::)

You're welcome ;)

Alan H.

December 02, 2010, 04:02:11 PM
Thanks for pointers which I've probably forgotten about...

I don't think "anybody" knows everything about turbocad.  :o

You're welcome

Alan H.