TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Very small Scales
Read 994 times
* November 13, 2010, 05:51:54 PM
I'm trying to draw some parts for miniature models and I dont seem to be able to get the drawings to print in a scale of bigger than full-size.    I really want to set my environment to be in 1/10 or 1/100 of an inch.   For me a huge part is 2" in size , occasionally I'm working making something as small as .010" so not being able to scale to 10:1 or 100:1 is a problem.   Also, I'm having a problem with dimension arrows on my drawings, I can get the font down, but those arrows are bigger than my parts.

Thanks for any advice..

* November 13, 2010, 06:40:24 PM
Standard practice is to draw in Model Space at full scale; create one or more Named Views; go to Paper Space and insert a Viewport for each of the Named Views; select each Viewport and set its Scale as required (You can type in a value if necessary; see attached screenshot); print from Paper Space.

For your dimensions, experiment with the Dimension Size Scale parameter in the dimensions' Properties|Format dialog.

Henry H
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 06:45:19 PM by Henry Hubich »

* November 14, 2010, 02:20:16 PM
Thank you so much for your help.   I think I need to go through one of the simple tutorials to at least become familiar with TurboCAD.