TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

newbie needs help with Lessons/Hatching
Read 1056 times
* November 08, 2010, 03:47:45 PM
OK, I'm a Newbie so please be kind. I have Turbocad 16.1 Deluxe and bought the 2d/3d Cad Fundamentals  DVD set. It's been going great until I got to Excercise 13-24/  Lesson #43. It wants me to fill a area using path hatching. It says to go to: Insert/path hatching and click it. Vertex off, Select by Enity ON. No problem but when I try to click each entiy it will not allow me to do it. The lesson Vid show a small purple square on the screen which I can not make appear.

Any help here woud be great if someone is kind enough to help me out :D

* November 08, 2010, 06:58:36 PM
Might be a Workplane problem. Try this: Select all the entities enclosing the region to be hatched, then go to Format|Place on Workplane. Then try the hatching again.

Henry H

* November 08, 2010, 11:01:35 PM
re: Insert / Path Hatching —› By Entity

It could be a workplane problem as Henry mentioned.

When I have several overlapping 2D objects, the first entity I pick with "By Entity" turns completely magenta. When I select the neighboring overlapping entity, the original turns off (I don't know why), but now I have a magenta line starting from where they overlap/intersect. Now I just need to select the next object near where it intersects with the previous object. The program will extend the magenta line to that click point. I repeat until I get back to where the magenta line begins. At this point, everything inside the magenta line should fill in with your specified hatch pattern.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit