TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Creating new symbol in TC15
Read 5015 times
* November 01, 2010, 07:51:01 PM
I have created four new drawing formats (ANSI A - ANSI D size) with personalized logos/fonts for a new business on TC15 and am wondering how I can create them as symbols to call up each time I want to create a new drawing. I've received feedback showing me how to do this on a MAC, but I need to know how to do it on a PC. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

novicemg

November 01, 2010, 09:38:31 PM
RE:am wondering how I can create them as symbols to call up each time I want to create a new drawing.

You might be describing a "template" because you say "new drawing". A symbol you insert in an "open drawing". Anyway a symbol will also work but you might wanna consider a template.

One way to create a symbol....

Open the "symbols palette" and the "symbol library" for the new symbol

Select the object(s) you can use to shift key to select everything you want.

Drag the selections into the "symbols library".  You'll need to save the change in the symbols library, press save option at the top of the symbols palette.

Symbol created...

When you drag it out, it will be a group, explode it to make any modifications.

If you need  a new symbols library folder,  this link to Wiki could help.

http://www3.turbocadcommunity.com/tiki-index.php?page=Symbol+Library+Files+-+SLW

Alan H.

Also, the "general discussion" would be a the appropriate place to post a question like this.

edit: block for group
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:24:58 PM by Alan H. »

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit