TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Looking for "Wood Set" info.
Read 2494 times
* June 30, 2009, 06:47:24 AM
Hi All,
  Years ago Winston posted some instructions on a macro that he wrote that would create a "Wood Set" within the Materials Library.  The wed sight is:  http://www.cadcourse.com/winston/WoodSets.html

I'm now running TurboCAD v16 and I don't know if the "Wood Set" macro is capable of running on the v16.  Does anyone know if "Wood Set" macro will work on v16?  Or, is there a better method of creating the various wood grain patterns?  I need these types of materials to render some tool chest that I'm building and I want the rendered image on my information card.

Any help of advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks,
Walt W.
Everett, WA

June 30, 2009, 08:08:04 AM
The last version of TurboCAD that supported VBA is v11. Although it is still heavily used, my web site has been dormant since then.

I am considering reviving it. If I do, the macro will be replaced with a version that runs on Micro$oft Excel.

The answer to all questions about "When", "Howzitgoin", etc. is "Dunno".

Hardware: 2.67GHz Core I7-920, 18GB 1333 DDR3, Nvidia Gforce GT 220
Software: TC 2018.25.0.41.0 (64)
Setup: UI: Classic, Editing History: Off, Use Choice: Off, Native Draw: GDI

* June 30, 2009, 08:57:24 AM
Hi Winston,
  I've been a reader and follower of your publications for years.  Thanks for your time and the quick reply.  For this project I'll try to make several wood grain images work via Facet Editing.  If you ever publish a new file that would produce the various grain patterns, please let us know and I'll jump in line to use that file.

Thanks,
Walt W.
Everett, WA

June 30, 2009, 09:02:33 AM
If you ever publish a new file that would produce the various grain patterns, please let us know and I'll jump in line to use that file.

Please don't hold your breath  ;D

Hardware: 2.67GHz Core I7-920, 18GB 1333 DDR3, Nvidia Gforce GT 220
Software: TC 2018.25.0.41.0 (64)
Setup: UI: Classic, Editing History: Off, Use Choice: Off, Native Draw: GDI