TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Intro and NEW NEW NEW Newbie question
Read 1964 times
* June 26, 2009, 06:16:16 PM
Hello, introducing myself here.  Eric Williamson, newly "sales engineer" for a solar contractor in NJ.  My experience with CAD is exactly zero.  Had engineering during my short college career and architectural drafting in high school.  I was also a framing contractor for quite a few years so I know what drawings look like and how to make simple ones on a drafting table.  I now need to be able to make simple single-line drawings for our solar panel installations and have no idea how to do it.  I have TCv12, because that's what the owner of the company has.  I have begun reading the nearly 500 page instruction manual at the beginning... Is this the best way to start?  Any suggestions??  HELP! 

By the way, I am happy to sign up for the nebie bailout package I read about in another thread...

Eric

Eric

* June 27, 2009, 01:53:25 AM
Hi Eric

Try Cadcourse.net they have some good training videos for beginners I started using Turbocad Pro at V12 & at first it was difficult to adjust to a new cad package but after downloading training sortware from Cadcourse I got the hang of Turbocad pretty quick, I'd also recommend Textual Creations after you get the hang of 2d the tutorials from Textual Creations will get using 3d pretty quick.
I hope this helps

Regards

Warren

* June 27, 2009, 06:33:02 AM
Thanks, Warren.  I will try that.  Glad to hear you started with TCv12 and got the hang of it.  I was starting to wonder if I should have gotten something much simpler to familiarize myself first.

Eric