TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Version Patches
Read 1266 times
* September 06, 2010, 10:53:17 AM
Curious about version patches.  I just purchased 15 platium and it could possibly be 15.2 but will not know until it arrives.

But I'm curious can a user go from initial release to a 15.2 patch, or do you need to patch in sequence using 15.1 then 15.2, or all the changes within the lastest patch ?

By the way I hope during these hard times that your enjoying this labor day.  Sometimes a good celebration is being with good friends and a home cooked meal.

* September 06, 2010, 12:53:50 PM
(1)Curious about version patches.  I just purchased 15 Platinum and it could possibly be 15.2 but will not know until it arrives.

(2)But I'm curious can a user go from initial release to a 15.2 patch, or do you need to patch in sequence using 15.1 then 15.2, or all the changes within the latest patch.

(3)By the way I hope during these hard times that your enjoying this labor day.  Sometimes a good celebration is being with good friends and a home cooked meal.

(1) It best wait to see what version you have first than proceed there are no guarantees who knows what will comes down the pike and best not to assume.You can check in the About Dialog to compare when it arrives.

(2)I have run earlier versions with out the first patch but .It good idea load both in sequential order.It could be good thought to keep the patches as back up in safe place for later .It may come a point in time you switch another PC and you'll have them ready.The TC web link changes from time to time and they may not become retrieval.

(3) As for the holiday thank you for kind thoughts just sitting by the grill out back burning up some steaks kicking back with some cold ones and the family.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 12:56:08 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 10, 2010, 09:20:20 PM
Reagrds version 15 pro patches.  In the download section there exists three (3) files

15.1 patch
15.1 hot fix
15.2 patch

Confused as there are no instructions.  Is the 15.1 hot fix an option to using the 15.1 patch or is it an additional requirement ?

--------------------------

While I'm at it, is 15 gone to install nicely without messing up my 11.2 pro?  Knock on wood but I've had no real problems with 11.2 on my XP box.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:23:58 PM by Nick »

* September 11, 2010, 02:10:18 AM
Hey Nick

I just would load them all.Its no biggie.If your really concern the next step is contact Turbo tech ideally he comes up with some good solutions.

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison