TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

First Interior
Read 4720 times
* June 24, 2009, 12:28:37 PM
Hi. I am getting more and more fascinated by creating interiors, solving lighting problems and so on.
What I find a bit disturbing is the blue background behind the images. Wish it were white or light grey. At least some neutral color.
Modeled in TurboCad - as always - and rendered in Vue 7.4 Infinite. No postwork.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* June 24, 2009, 12:40:19 PM
Another nice job.

What blue background? Where?

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

June 24, 2009, 01:10:05 PM
You have got the scale spot on there.

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz

June 24, 2009, 04:56:30 PM
Wonderful image, great POV.

What are the stairs made of and how are they constructed so that they do not flex like diving boards. How are they fastened?

* June 25, 2009, 12:50:26 AM
Another nice job.

What blue background? Where?

John R.
Hi, John. I mean the blue background that surrounds the image. In fact, the base color of this gallery and the same color you get when replying to a thread.

* June 25, 2009, 12:55:06 AM

What are the stairs made of and how are they constructed so that they do not flex like diving boards. How are they fastened?
Hi, Don.
That is a difficult question. I have seen stairs constructed that way in architectural magazines and found that a beautiful solution. The material is wood with steel rods protruding through the wall and entering the steps of the stairs. How all is fastened, don't ask me. No idea.
This interior was an old project for which only the exterior was needed. The architect had a different staircase, but I liked my solution better ( visually). I did this thing just for myself and not for a client. Business is slow these days.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:58:32 AM by Rob Figee »

* June 25, 2009, 06:04:45 AM
re: Blue background

Ah, the Blue they use to alternate the posts. Unfortunately, the first post will always be blue when using the Default theme. Go to your Profile page, "Look and Layout Preferences" and change the "Current Theme". You might find the "Babylon Theme" more to your liking.

John R.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled, except in 2018
Windows 10, 64-bit

June 25, 2009, 09:34:44 AM

Hi, Don.
That is a difficult question. I have seen stairs constructed that way in architectural magazines and found that a beautiful solution. The material is wood with steel rods protruding through the wall and entering the steps of the stairs. How all is fastened, don't ask me. No idea.
This interior was an old project for which only the exterior was needed. The architect had a different staircase, but I liked my solution better ( visually). I did this thing just for myself and not for a client. Business is slow these days.

Thanks Rob. Perhaps it id done something along the line of these: http://books.google.com/books?id=e-TTTU3ISeoC&lpg=PA134&ots=kjB9BTrlOZ&dq=stringerless%20stair%20construction&pg=PA135

* June 25, 2009, 11:07:41 AM
Perhaps it id done something along the line of these:

You've gotta be very very careful with such an approach. It may not be obvious that a load applied to the tread will produce a significant bending moment in the supporting stud. Structural failure, and perhaps personal injury, could result.

Henry H

* June 25, 2009, 11:48:12 AM
Yes, Don. I had thought it would be something like that.
Oh, Henry, don't worry. The houses are already built last year with conventional stairs. As an illustrator I don't have the right to change the design of the architect. In this case I just made the illustration for myself.  I think the design is very elegant but would most certainly not feel very happy mounting these stairs!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:40:09 AM by Rob Figee »

June 25, 2009, 12:40:26 PM
I think the design is very elegant but would most certainly not feel very happy mounting these stairs

Perhaps you should see http://www.conceptstairs.co.uk/recent.html

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* June 26, 2009, 01:44:33 AM
Hi, Julian.
This looks very good too. It has the openness I was after.

Rob