TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Newbie getting started
Read 1577 times
* August 15, 2010, 07:52:16 AM
Hate to post such a simple question, but I 've looked and looked and can't find the answer or a free tutorial.
I drawing a bracket and and I need a circle at a specific location.  How do I locate the center? 
The bracket is say,  15 X 2 and I want the circle 5/8 from the end and centered top to bottom.  I found the construction line and was able to make a horizontal construction line through the middle of the bracket.  But how do you specify the where you want to run the vertical construct line?

* August 15, 2010, 08:57:41 AM
There is probably dozens methods to do this.But I always say make it simple.
How do I locate the center?have your Grid on and snap to the grid line intersection.
But how do you specify the where you want to run the vertical construct line?Load values in the inspector bar or use your snaps.But I rather not use construction lines them. I use polyline as center lines for lay out of the holes.Easier to control.The red lines are polylines the black are construction

Tip:For what it worth I’m sure at one point there may not be a desire for Construction lines .The simplest way to remove from your design is click on Edit and choose Clear. But if want to keep them but and be able turn off and on at will they can be controlled in the Design Director by making them visible or invisible
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:03:00 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

August 15, 2010, 09:20:44 AM
  But how do you specify the where you want to run the vertical construct line?

You can use the parallel construction line and tab the offset in the inspector bar.

or

Make a temporary rectangle(rectangles) to give you a point to make the circle from.

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* August 15, 2010, 09:54:25 AM
The bracket is say,  15 X 2 and I want the circle 5/8 from the end and centered top to bottom. 

Welcome to the forum,

After drawing the rectangle my approach was:

1. Click on the Circle Centre and point tool
2. Move the cursor over the line at the end of the rectangle where the circle is to be located.
3. Press the 'M' key which will activate a single midpoint SNAP, enter the size of the circle required in the Inspector Bar at the bottom of the scree.
4. Click on the circle to highlight it, in the Delta 'X' field on the Inspector bar ENTER -5/8" to relocate it.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* August 16, 2010, 05:24:31 AM
Thanks for the quick response; y'all are GREAT!!!
I like DW's solution; it seems to work best for me.
I had trouble creating the parallel construction lines that AH suggested
Thanks WD for the tip for clearing the construction lines.