TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

hatching scale
Read 3239 times
* August 08, 2010, 09:15:05 AM
Sorry to ask so many questions the last couple of days , but I am trying get a submital drawing ready for permits.

I tried ti set my hatching to associative with the check box in s=displat , but the scale still changes when I zoom in and out.

I need this to stick, once I draw it , never been able figure this out, I have just done work arounds.

Ivey Harris

* August 08, 2010, 01:33:45 PM
I'm a bit lost here.
You went to "Options / Display" and activated "Associative Hatch".
You selected a polyline or series of lines/arcs in a pattern and used "Format / Create Hatch".
When you Zoom in/out the hatch pattern gets larger/smaller.

I don't see what is wrong here. Are you expecting the hatch to remain unchanged on-screen when you Zoom in or out? The only thing changing is your proximity to the pattern, but the actual scale isn't changing. It seems like you're leaving something important out of your description of the problem. A TCW sample of where the problem occurs would be helpful.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:36:10 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 08, 2010, 05:52:29 PM
Sorry about the spelling, and fat fingering.

Look at the pdf, with 2 viewports of the same drawing. One is set to 24 scale and the smaller one is set to 48, but as you can see the hatching scale is the same size on both drawings. But when I zoom in and out, I want my hatch to zoom in and out at the same rate.

I don't know maybe it's only this hatch, wh-diagcross. but this is a problem I have had many times with a lot of other hatch patterns.

Look at the second hatch ,   now it did what I want , it reduced with the objects.

That's what I am trying to figure out, I want the hatch to zoom with the drawing, it seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes.

Probably just me.

Ivey

* August 08, 2010, 06:02:54 PM
Sorry about the spelling, and fat fingering.

Look at the pdf, with 2 viewports of the same drawing. One is set to 24 scale and the smaller one is set to 48, but as you can see the hatching scale is the same size on both drawings. But when I zoom in and out, I want my hatch to zoom in and out at the same rate.

I don't know maybe it's only this hatch, wh-diagcross. but this is a problem I have had many times with a lot of other hatch patterns.

Look at the second hatch ,   now it did what I want , it reduced with the objects.

That's what I am trying to figure out, I want the hatch to zoom with the drawing, it seems to have a mind of it's own sometimes.
Probably just me.

Ivey

Ivey,

On some Brush Styles, I don't think you get to have the Hatch (or Brush) "hold" its appearance as you Zoom in and out.    *EDIT*-Brush Style WH-DIAGCROSS is different than ANSI31.  Some Brush Styles can not be scaled.  I don't know why, likely some of the more trained CAD users on the Forum do.  But you can easily go into Brush Styles and create your own, scalable, Brush Styles.  

*EDIT #2*- I do know why some Brush Styles (Hatches) are scalable and why some are not.  Some are Vector-derived, and some are just BitMaps.  The BitMap Brush Styles (Hatch Patterns) are "pictures", and therefore not scalable.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:03:07 PM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* August 08, 2010, 09:19:29 PM
As Alvin mentioned, the "WH" (Windows Hatch) patterns work differently from the normal patterns. I believe their properties are driven by the Windows Operating System.

EDIT: Windows HATCH pattern table (pre-defined GDI styles)
WH_BDIAGONAL
WH_CROSS
WH_DIAGCROSS
WH_FDIAGONAL
WH_HORIZONTAL
WH_VERTICAL
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 09:27:05 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* August 09, 2010, 12:21:33 PM
So the ansi patterns will scale with the drawing ?

Just need a little time to check it out?

Ivey

* August 09, 2010, 12:30:37 PM
YUP, that seems to be it, WH paterns are screwy, the rest seem to work just fine.

Thanks Guys

* August 09, 2010, 12:48:06 PM
YUP, that seems to be it, WH paterns are screwy, the rest seem to work just fine.

Thanks Guys

And remember Ivey, you can create your own Brush Styles easily when you start with another Brush Style.  To make something like the WH-DIAGCROSS, I started with the L45, then added another pattern- at 135°.  That's it!  Very much like the WH-DIAGCROSS, just scalable.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V20.2PP(57.0)[as of 3/12/15]; V19DL(54.2); V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)