TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Process Pipework Monotone
Read 5000 times
* July 27, 2010, 08:08:51 PM
Here is a low res version of one of my Latest prints which is of process pipework, the print is monotone, as this is for neutral color artwork prints. A bit of ad-libbing on pipe clamps, as I never was happy with some of the standard clamps after catching my head overalls and anything else they can snag in the last 40 years.

Sorry I can't provide a larger version, but need it for my online artwork.

* July 28, 2010, 04:30:03 PM
Was the monotone done with other photo editing software?It interesting design.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* July 28, 2010, 04:35:15 PM
Was the monotone done with other photo editing software?It interesting design.

Yes with Irfanview, but I could have done it direct using PNG greyscale.

* July 28, 2010, 04:48:30 PM
Here is another variant that I have used for some of my artwork, no supports, as a sense of open space needed in this image , also high chrome for the metallic minded. Further image manipulation on this one afterwards.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 04:50:39 PM by Michael Geraghty »

* July 28, 2010, 08:15:36 PM
Here is another variant that I have used for some of my artwork, no supports, as a sense of open space needed in this image , also high chrome for the metallic minded. Further image manipulation on this one afterwards.

Wild. I like it.

Henry H

July 28, 2010, 09:41:13 PM
I can see these as posters.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 30, 2010, 12:12:31 PM
Michael,

Not counting time for rendering quality, what would you estimate your time invested to just generate pipes and hangers and basic 3D view.

Just wondering as possibly using TC as production tool for 3D piping (isometrics)?  I don't have TC with added pipe features.

* July 30, 2010, 12:45:59 PM
Michael,

Not counting time for rendering quality, what would you estimate your time invested to just generate pipes and hangers and basic 3D view.

Just wondering as possibly using TC as production tool for 3D piping (isometrics)?  I don't have TC with added pipe features.

Hello Nick, have done this over the last week, so never really kept track of time. I am producing these prints for some of my digital artwork. Using 3d polylines is the way to go, and then using railsweep to sweep pipe profile along path. The other method is to create 3d blocks , which is the ideal, but no piping addon for fittings etc as yet. There are a number of resources and 3d cad blocks online, but most are low poly versions , because of size.  The limitations are the number of solids in a drawing at one time , as a lot of memory and a good processor are essential. Drawing isometrics in Turbocad should be no major problem after initial setup with symbol libraries or blocks. The full rendered version is somewhat limited, but this is only based on version 15, so not so sure about v17. Hi-res renders are still only used occasionally, mostly to impress a client or to show process people what the finished pipework will look like in a certain area that they may be placing extra kit or need to see what kind of access they have. The clamps have been created on the fly to no specific standard, as they were just a requirement for this particular rendering. The welds also are extra's that would not normally be shown.  There are millions of autocad blocks that can be adapted for use with Turbocad.

August 13, 2010, 01:08:00 PM

Michael, these are really cool. I'm a fan of black&white imagery, so it's very interesting to see this type of work. Thanks for sharing.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* August 13, 2010, 05:08:50 PM

Michael, these are really cool. I'm a fan of black&white imagery, so it's very interesting to see this type of work. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Brad, Here is another which is a segmented transition piece, with three reducing segment bends intersecting with welds added also. Sorry I cannot provide larger images, but they are needed for my artwork prints.

August 13, 2010, 05:19:07 PM
I must have misted this thread somehow. I sure like that rippled effect render - very cool indeed.

August 13, 2010, 06:24:37 PM

Thanks Brad, Here is another which is a segmented transition piece, with three reducing segment bends intersecting with welds added also. Sorry I cannot provide larger images, but they are needed for my artwork prints.

I like that one too. How did you choose to model the various segments?

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* August 14, 2010, 05:02:56 AM
Don, the ripple effect is the standard PaintShopPro ripple effect, I very rarely use it but it turned out well on this image.

Brad, this is a fictitious fabrication that is intended for visual appearance. Normally the segments would be sections of a cone, which would leave the  middle of the segment circular, and the mitre elliptical, but this fabrication has the mitre's circular in profile. Then just a case of lofting each pair of circles. All three reducing segment bends have a common diameter, which is the joint just to the left of the branch.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 05:08:12 AM by Michael Geraghty »

* August 15, 2010, 09:46:33 AM
really nice work, the more I look at it (your first drawing), the more it seems to play with the mind as to what is straight and at the same distance from the wall as its neighbour - well done.

Andy