TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Some more bits & bobs
Read 3751 times
* July 03, 2010, 03:40:46 AM
Here are a few more "workman-like" models of conceptual projects. As with all my stuff, the detail is less important than the basic 3D visualization. The carton box with the model garage was me playing with the idea of creating a model within a model within the real world...blah blah.

July 03, 2010, 05:29:28 AM
As usual, amazing work - up there with the best.

(though I must say, if Hampshireplans.co.uk is your work, you're a much better drafter than website designer - I've never seen a self-starting website before, was up to 25 windows running before I noticed....DON'T START THE SLIDE SHOW!)

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* July 03, 2010, 05:40:50 AM
Here are a few more "workman-like" models of conceptual projects. As with all my stuff, the detail is less important than the basic 3D visualization. The carton box with the model garage was me playing with the idea of creating a model within a model within the real world...blah blah.

yo yawn....   This is really nice work! I especially like the model in model concept, and the last pic of the glass gable to the otherwise country home is great.   - Al

* July 03, 2010, 05:46:19 AM
Thanks Julian.

"Don't start the slideshow"? I don't know where that is. That website is just a personal photo album. I downloaded it as ready-made site, and then added to it. My profession is not involved with drafting or web design so I'm a bit of an amateur in those fields.

* July 03, 2010, 05:47:07 AM
Thanks AE.

July 03, 2010, 11:28:39 AM
Impressive work.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* July 03, 2010, 03:32:04 PM
Nice Design.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

July 05, 2010, 03:58:41 PM
Nice work! I like the architectural model image. Matching a 3D object to a real world scene can require a lot of tweaking.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* July 06, 2010, 12:51:42 AM
Thanks for your comments. I suppose, looking at it now, the model box could do with a touch more contrast. I looks a little flat compared with the background photo.

* July 06, 2010, 07:11:57 PM
I love your work, Your models have a very unique look that you don't see often. Great materials! They look like hand made miniature models to me and I find them more appealing then the absolutely photo-real arch vis stuff. Nicely done!

* July 07, 2010, 07:39:58 AM
Thanks very much for that, although I wouldn't mind if I could make them look absolutely real, but I just can't be bothered to spend the vast amount of time trying. Also, whilst trying not to be the "bad workman blaming his tools", I'm not sure if Turbocad is quite set up to provide the sort of realistic architectural visuals that you mention...correct me if I'm wrong.

* July 07, 2010, 08:47:22 PM
Thanks very much for that, although I wouldn't mind if I could make them look absolutely real, but I just can't be bothered to spend the vast amount of time trying. Also, whilst trying not to be the "bad workman blaming his tools", I'm not sure if Turbocad is quite set up to provide the sort of realistic architectural visuals that you mention...correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you are doing a great job working with what the program has to offer, No "bad workmanship at all" It's true all off the really high end architectural visuals are being rendered in Vray Thea and Maxwell. These programs model light and material absolutely photo realistically. That said I would think any client would be very satisfied with your presentations! The job of a render is to show the work yet to be completed in a way that get's the client excited about the project. Your renders I am sure have that effect.