TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Debug List View -- C# tool shows details of selected graphics
Read 5209 times
* June 19, 2010, 03:31:38 AM
Here is a menu/tool plug-in. Visual Studio 2008, C#.
Works on a selection. Select graphical object(s) and activate the tool or the menu command - [Debug]/[Debug List View].

It will show detailed info about all objects. The Graphics tab pane is not made to work since the Tree View does the same thing.

Double-click on a graphical object in the hierarchy to load the information about it in the tab panes.

* June 19, 2010, 07:35:16 AM
Very nice, CaraVani0!

I like the tabbed layout; it seems very well-organized. Also it was nice touch that you indicated the RefPoint in both Global and Local coordinates.

For my own preference, I would perhaps change two things:
1) Separate the different values in the left-hand pane nodes with CRLF instead of a vertical slash. (Can you even do that with a tree node? Not sure...)
2) Increase the numeric precision on the floating point data for points, nodes, etc. to at least 4 digits, maybe even 6. Often 3 digits past the decimal just isn't enough.

* June 20, 2010, 02:19:05 AM
I have found several problems which I would be very happy to find a solution of:
1) What are the Nodes and Attributes used for?
2) The tool is disabled when rendering is turned on - different from wireframe. Why is that?

* July 02, 2010, 11:04:28 AM
Nodes are vertices that can be edited using Edit tool. If you don't add any vertices to the Nodes group when you create your object, the user can't directly edit the vertices.

Attributes are used for Block objects.

All SDK-based tools are disabled when rendering is turned on. I don't know why -- something to do with the internal workings of the code.