TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

17.1 "Out of Memory"
Read 2433 times
* June 15, 2010, 05:06:48 PM
Ok so I realise this is not a new issue (And is one that everyone is familier with!) but can anyone give me a bit more info on why this is happening? I admit I work on CAD models which push TurboCad to its limits, but the detail in my drawings is necessary in my line of work.

What I dont understand with the "Out of Memory" issue is that every other rendering engine I have used, uses 100% of my systems AVAILABLE memory. Not enough memory=increased render times, not "Computer says NO". I would much rather a render take an hour and actually complete, than push my systems memory limits and fail (constantly) as it currently does in TurboCad.

Does anyone have any tips/hints/etc on avoiding the out of memory issue? The sad thing is it actually seems to be getting worse with each new TC version.

I use blocks, I make sure they arent nested, I use draft rendering, turn off editing history, explode all groups and I keep lights/shadows to a minimum but nothing seems to help.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Charles

June 15, 2010, 06:54:05 PM
Can you post a problem file?

* June 15, 2010, 07:43:33 PM
Hi Don,

Thanks for the quick response, posting a file is a little difficult because most of the files are "Commercially Sensitive" because they are for my work. I will see if I can atleast get a render of a similar model posted asap

Thanks
Charles

* June 16, 2010, 06:48:30 AM
This is also my biggest issue with TurboCAD.  With the size of files I have, I run into your same issue.  I have a large assembly encompassing pretty much everything I've ever modeled, and there is not way that TurboCAD is going to render it apparently.

It makes no sense that the render needs to take up current memory vs simply dumping it to your hard drive in little segments.

I'm assuming it is because TurboCAD will allow you to actually use the program to make edits or viewing changes while you're in the rendered state.  There should be an option instead to save your render instead (without having to render in TC's normal state).

Cameron Blair

June 16, 2010, 09:06:20 AM
Bring up the Windows Task Manager and click on the Performance tab.  It will tell you how much memory is being used.  TurboCAD (and, from what I have read, just about any other program) will blow up when it allocates more than 1.5 GB.  This is pretty much my experience.

If you have made multiple renders (anything other than wireframe) in Model space, TC will eat up progressively more memory.  Return to wireframe view to free up most, if not all, that extra memory.

If you have multiple rendered views in Paper space, change the preferences so that they are Render on Print Only.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1