TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Wrapped Image directions
Read 2125 times
* June 10, 2010, 05:04:42 PM
I am having a problem changing the direction of a wrapped image without affecting the direction of all the wrapped images in the drawing. The attached drawing has an example of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Bob B

* June 10, 2010, 06:38:00 PM
One option

Open the corrugated iron roof material, click on the option shown in the attached. Select a unique name and change the settings 90 degrees to the original material. It should give 2 directions.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* June 10, 2010, 06:42:01 PM
in the following sample image is rotation what your after?

W.D.

EDIT: Separate the roof into two halves next create two roofing materials both with different names in the Material Editor under the Category of your choice load your jpeg..Under Wrapped Image for both Material samples you made, Set to Layout than at rotation turn your settings to 90 degrees, on one half of the roof, what your doing in my case is rotating the image. Than apply the material to your object.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:49:33 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 10, 2010, 09:02:07 PM
I am having a problem changing the direction of a wrapped image without affecting the direction of all the wrapped images in the drawing. The attached drawing has an example of the problem. Any help would be appreciated.
Bob B

Rotate the Workplane of Loft 2, as follows: Go to the Workplane in which Loft 2 was created; draw a Sphere not touching any other object; rotate the sphere 90 deg about the Z axis; Boolean-Add the sphere to Loft 2, clicking the sphere first; select the result and explode (which will make the loft and the sphere two distinct objects once again); delete the sphere. That oughta do it.

Note: If the Origin of the wrapped image is screwed up after following this procedure, try to determine how far and in what direction the Origin should be moved. Then Undo the deletion of the sphere, the explode operation, and the Add operation. Move the sphere the distance and direction the Origin has to be moved; redo the Add and see how it looks. Tweak as necessary, then explode and delete the sphere when you're satisfied.

Henry H
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:13:41 PM by Henry Hubich »

* June 11, 2010, 05:40:37 AM
As Don says, create two materials, one 90° to the other.  Then with Facet Edit, select the roof top and apply the corresponding material.  You have changed the appearance but not the 3D material.  So your roof could be in concrete with a facet edit of corregated sheets.

User since TC3 in France
Saint Helier, capital of Jersey
Monk in the 4th century AD