TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

doors!
Read 2551 times
* June 03, 2009, 03:27:52 AM
Hello I am using Turbcad 16 deluxe and have been using the wall function to draw walls.  I have then used the doors to insert self healing doors into the wall.  Whenever I click on the left-right button (or on right click menu) the door appears to swap over, but yet when I actually click to insert in the drawing it defaults back to the original.

This is becoming ever so slightly (read I have almost destroyed my computer) and I cannot work out what I am doing wrong.  I would be grateful for any help / tips.

David Powell

* June 03, 2009, 09:38:14 AM
What happens if you do not switch left/right until after you've inserted the door?

Henry H

* June 03, 2009, 03:07:45 PM
...Whenever I click on the left-right button (or on right click menu) the door appears to swap over, but yet when I actually click to insert in the drawing it defaults back to the original. ...

Do you have the updated version of Deluxe (Build 38.0 in Help/About)? I can't remember if what you describe happened when I used Deluxe briefly in the 36.0 build, but doors go in as specified in the latest build.

See the Update and Patches boards for the "Deluxe Hotfix" for TurboCAD V16.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* June 09, 2009, 02:11:34 AM
ok - I have checked whether it works after I place the door, but I do not get the option to change inside/outside left/right flip.

I was running build 37, now 38 with no change.

The Inside/Outside flip works, but when I press the left / right flip, the flip happens on the screen, but as soon as the door is placed it reverts to it's unflipped state. 

It is becoming fairly frustrating now!

David

* June 18, 2009, 10:50:48 AM
David, you have to select the Door with the Edit Tool in order to flip it after it's been placed.