TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Looking for another cam product
Read 3556 times
* May 09, 2010, 12:39:35 PM
Hi everyone,
I have been using TurboCad for a lot of year and was wondering about the cam side of it, I have Bobcad v23 now and would like to find something else that would be more stable, I draw everything in TC now, can it do 3D well? Is there a link that has l lot of files or video of work that has been done with TC and cam?
Thanks
Gary

* May 09, 2010, 02:28:10 PM
I draw everything in TC now, can it do 3D well? Is there a link that has l lot of files or video of work that has been done with TC and cam?Thanks Gary
(1) Its Only 2-1/2 D.(2)Not really.Some video links via TC Cam forum (3)Might want to check out the trial version first.(4) Would be best to explore compatibility first and visit the link below.To see if a match at your end.

http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCADWindows/Plugins/CAMPluginforTurboCADProfessionalv1415/tabid/121/Default.aspx

W.D.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:35:31 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

May 09, 2010, 06:31:26 PM
Personally I have not experienced any stability issues. With that said, I have not cut anything too complex either. Are you using  a cnc mill, router, lathe, plasma?

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* May 11, 2010, 03:54:03 PM
I am using a router, really looking for something that does 3D. Maybe they will come out with it one day, I'll keep checking back.
Thanks

May 11, 2010, 04:06:37 PM
From the info on from the survey, it looks as though TC CAM may be heading in that direction in the future

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||