TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Viewport in paperspace trouble
Read 3849 times
* May 07, 2010, 01:14:17 PM
I just upgraded to version 17 Pro and am working on a drawing created in 12.5. In paper space some of the viewports display incorrectly. Showing hidden items and not those marked as visible. When printing or print previewing they display correctly.

Also, there are times when, in model view, I turn layers visibility off but they are still displayed. The items are not selectable but are still showing up.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in 17?

edit: In model space when the problem occurs I can correct it by switching to Hidden Line render mode and then back to Wireframe.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 01:19:32 PM by dlscott56 »

Dave
TC 2017 Pro 64
Win 10 64

* May 07, 2010, 01:54:39 PM
While in paper space click on the Viewport frame than right click the properties than check to see the layers are activated in the dialog box under viewport.

EDIT: Might be good idea to hang the TCW. file.One of the beta masters might fix it for you and give you explanation whats wrong .Seems a collection of things that  may be fixable.But have to see how the layers are setup along with viewports arrangement,Camera properties.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:04:26 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* May 08, 2010, 11:00:49 AM
I've had the same problem with Viewports not displaying correctly in V17 Pro Platinum  I've already mention this to IMSI & they going to investigate the problem hopefully it will be fixed in V17.1.(Works ok in GDI Mode)

Regards
Warren

* May 08, 2010, 03:49:26 PM
I had the same problem in model space with layer not selectable. I had made a layer invisible and it did not go away,  I went back and checked the layer properties and it was named wrong, changed to correct layer name and then it worked.

* May 08, 2010, 07:01:48 PM
Seems like lots of weird things happening with my views. Here's a couple of the drawings (still needs work and reorganizing views). One 12.5 that functions fine and one 17 that has strange problems. It also seems to run slow. I've been working on one of Don's tutorials in 17 that works fine with no problems. Only experienced them when I started working on the attached drawing in v17.

Is it something I've done wrong?

Your help would be appreciated.

Dave
TC 2017 Pro 64
Win 10 64

May 08, 2010, 08:42:15 PM
Dave,

Sometimes when things are showing up when layers are seemingly turned on and off by the user there are blocks in the drawing that were not created on layer 0.

I did notice that your bulkhead block is assigned to different layers. The block components should be assigned to layer 0 and the the block(s) in the drawing can be assigned to the appropriate layer afterwards.

I would also consider checking render for print only for all your viewports, otherwise they are always trying to rerender when changes or moves are made and this can be quite frustrating as it takes much time.

Are you working with the Redsdk engaged or GDI (under Native Draw)? I would suggest working with GDI. Redsdk is very problematic in it current form and I am pretty sure users have reported issues with viewports using Redsdk.

I am not seeing too much different in the drawings between v12.5 and V17, other than some viewports are HL rendered and other are not (in comparison) And some parts are turned on in the Viewport Layer Name window and not in others (in comparison).

Your drawings are looking great.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 08:45:48 PM by Don Cheke »

* May 09, 2010, 04:27:22 AM
Thanks Don. I've edited the block and assigned it to layer 0. Then saved it and changed the insertions to the desired drawing layer. Also set my Native Draw to GDI. Set viewports to render for print only.

The layer visibility issue seems to be corrected now.

Somehow in all of this some of my drafting WASHER part/assemblies got corrupted. So, I deleted the assembly and recreated it from Model space. I've attached the drawing and under the Washer trying to create a front or back view I get a line showing up, easily seen in the preview, that isn't in the drawing anywhere?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Dave
TC 2017 Pro 64
Win 10 64

May 09, 2010, 05:32:16 AM
Thanks Don. I've edited the block and assigned it to layer 0. Then saved it and changed the insertions to the desired drawing layer. Also set my Native Draw to GDI. Set viewports to render for print only.

The layer visibility issue seems to be corrected now.

Somehow in all of this some of my drafting WASHER part/assemblies got corrupted. So, I deleted the assembly and recreated it from Model space. I've attached the drawing and under the Washer trying to create a front or back view I get a line showing up, easily seen in the preview, that isn't in the drawing anywhere?

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Dave,

I couldn't see what was causing that line (as seen in the attached image) but I found that if I moved the top of the washer in model space and then selected undo the line would disappear and not come back. I could only check in the Beta version of 17.1 so I don't know if that makes a difference.

* May 09, 2010, 07:52:01 AM
Apparently it had something to do with the unistrut sections under the enclosure top. Delete/undo those and all is working again.

Thanks!!

Dave
TC 2017 Pro 64
Win 10 64