TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Mach3 Post Processor
Read 12037 times
June 11, 2009, 03:19:23 PM
I am up & running pretty well. The one problem I have is after I create g-code, I have A couple of things I have to manually edit. My programs are relatively simple.

On a tool change I have to manually edit "Z" to be at above my part or when the gantry starts to move, the tool plunges into my part.

The other problem is similar, at the end of a program the machine wants to go "Home" but it also plunges into my work. Any help would be appreciated. I wish the documentation with the CAM plug-in was more detailed.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* June 11, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
Hi Kmartin

In the CNC Setup I created an NC-Code "Z150" (I work in mm) and called it "Toolchange-Position", then in "Program" I inserted that one into "Tool unload" - It works fine on my Acierra F35 mill with Poselesta III control, maybe you can use something alike to better control the behaviour of your machine.

Kurt

Edit: Attached some screenshots

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:45:36 PM by Guojing »

Kurt Zingg
TurboCAD Pro 6.2 - 16.2 Mec, TC-CAM 3.5

June 14, 2009, 04:19:09 PM
Hi Kmartin

In the CNC Setup I created an NC-Code "Z150" (I work in mm) and called it "Toolchange-Position", then in "Program" I inserted that one into "Tool unload" - It works fine on my Acierra F35 mill with Poselesta III control, maybe you can use something alike to better control the behaviour of your machine.

Kurt
Thanks for your help. I must not be doing something right. I cannot get this to work. I may not be in the right screens. Can you give me some screen captures? I will keep on fumbling around with this though. I like the idea if I can just get the changes to stay.

TurboCAD user since v3

June 18, 2009, 05:52:41 PM
I still cannot get my changes to stick. Still working on it though. But that will not keep me from running my machine though.

TurboCAD user since v3

* September 09, 2009, 09:52:41 AM
I'll second the need for Mach3 (at least a generic Mach3) Post. It's such a versitile controller, mills, lathes, routers, plasma, you name it, Mach can do it in 6 axis. We need a CAM package that will support what our controller can do.

* December 21, 2009, 06:57:38 PM
Does anyone understand what in the CAM post processor triggers the set of code for tool unload and tool load?  You would think that its looking for a difference in tools from one block to another block?  I'm finding that its loading the set of tool unload commands after the first block, before the second block, even when the same tool is used in both blocks.   I'd like to have more control over tool unload with posting to Mach3.   

* January 25, 2010, 10:50:30 PM
When TCC does a tool change, it generates a G28 Z0 command (at least on my post processor - Acramatic A2100).  If your control does not understand the G28, maybe it's just seeing the Z0 and plunging into the table.  I just take them out and all is well.

* September 09, 2010, 05:21:21 AM
I still cannot get my changes to stick. Still working on it though. But that will not keep me from running my machine though.

Did you ever get this tool change G-code problem fixed?

Brock

September 09, 2010, 05:53:26 AM
Yes I did. over the last year I have finally tweaked my post processor the way I want it. I have no problems & very rarely do I have to make any manual changes.

Did you ever get this tool change G-code problem fixed?

Brock

TurboCAD user since v3