TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Subroutines
Read 5031 times
* April 27, 2010, 07:36:23 AM
Generate subroutines in the code. If you are facemilling to a depth, it will generate code to step down by what ever the depth specified. If you are going a ways, theis ends up with lots of code for each step, rather than a subroutine with the step incrament

April 27, 2010, 02:50:25 PM
It would be nice. This is also the same way it works on the offset copy tool. The program writes a complete copy of each entity instead of of repeated sub routines. It makes for large amounts code. BTW did you fill out the CAM survey? If not please do, we may get a better upgrade than we ever expected in the near future.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* May 04, 2010, 08:53:16 AM
I did fill in the survey. Hope it helps. Subroutines, 4th axis support for 3D, and a few other things.

May 04, 2010, 01:54:56 PM
I did fill in the survey. Hope it helps. Subroutines, 4th axis support for 3D, and a few other things.

Almost sounds too good to be true. But here's to being optimistic

TurboCAD user since v3

* May 07, 2010, 10:18:21 AM
I completely agree.

I have been massaging the gcode on a few parts that I needed an array of. I put in subroutines and removed extraneous moves on the Z axis when doing multiple steps to get to depth.

Eric

May 07, 2010, 12:12:42 PM
I completely agree.

I have been massaging the gcode on a few parts that I needed an array of. I put in subroutines and removed extraneous moves on the Z axis when doing multiple steps to get to depth.

Eric

I am not versed enough yet to do that, but I have a book I am reading & I am getting there.

TurboCAD user since v3