TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

IMSI Puzzle Animation
Read 4016 times
April 16, 2010, 09:32:25 PM
I created six Animation Lab segments (keeping image frames). Frames were assembled in Camtasia. Final fade black transition before final image was added in Camtasia. Produced as mp4 video from Camtasia.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:39:22 PM by Don Cheke »

April 17, 2010, 03:25:47 AM
Great work, Don. It's quite satisfying when it all comes together, isn't it?

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

April 17, 2010, 07:33:44 AM
Thanks Julian. Yes it is pretty satisfying.

Sure is a time consuming process.

April 20, 2010, 09:45:12 PM
Very cool Don.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

May 10, 2010, 12:32:46 PM
I created six Animation Lab segments (keeping image frames). Frames were assembled in Camtasia. Final fade black transition before final image was added in Camtasia. Produced as mp4 video from Camtasia.

Nice job Don,

sorry to be so long to add comments.

Yes, this sort of work can be longwinded and frustrating, but ultimately rewarding.

I have lost count of the number of times I have sworn never to animate another project again!

However, most things can be achieved with practice and patience.

The two attached simple examples show how at least one effect might be created.

Just load up the appropriate scenarios (sc files), or view in text editor to study two possible routes, to achieve similar results.

You will need to change the txt extension to sc.  This forum does not allow uploading of sc files!

Movies, providing they are not too large, can also be edited within Montage Center and saved in whatever encoding formats you might have available on your particular machine.

Ultimately, it is a balance between cost and convenience. Purchasing another software package is not always the most cost effective solution.

Camtasia is a capable programme, for sure, but looks a little expensive when the same result might be possible with TC and AnimationLab.

Keep up the good work Don, and I hope this helps.

Regards Tim
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:43:17 PM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Testing/using with Win 10 and various TurboCAD 64-bit versions.

* May 10, 2010, 01:57:04 PM
Hi Don
Nice job on your latest tutorial.Is there any animation tutorials slated for the near future?Maybe something quick simple to get the newbie on track. :)

Thanks
W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison