TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

WHAT TERM TO USE TO SEARCH?
Read 1367 times
April 16, 2010, 12:19:39 PM
What is the vernacular for a component part that one generates and saves, so I can search for it in the TWC16.PDF document?  

I am building a process vessel. In it, are  spiral rings of tubing.  the tubing is attached to Swagelok fittings  that are fixed to  welded in place pipe nipples.

I have drawn the swagelok fitting.  Now, I want to save it as a retrievable component part.  But, I don't know what word to plug into the PDF help document search box.

Additionally  I  am not succeeding at generating a unitary component.
My swagelok component is not unitary but rather composed of a series of unconnected poly lines  and individual lines. I have use "join polyline"  to connect some of the lines  into unitary compositions but the lines that connect them   I can not include a polyline structure
Here is what I mean:

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:25:07 PM by Raul »

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum

April 16, 2010, 01:41:05 PM
You may be looking for "symbols"  Raul.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* April 16, 2010, 02:36:25 PM

Additionally  I  am not succeeding at generating a unitary component.
My swagelok component is not unitary but rather composed of a series of unconnected poly lines  and individual lines. I have use "join polyline"  to connect some of the lines  into unitary compositions but the lines that connect them   I can not include a polyline structure

How about Grouping all components of the Swagelok?

Henry H

* April 20, 2010, 02:54:52 PM
re: Now, I want to save it as a retrievable component part, but I don't know what word to plug into the PDF help document search box.

For me, 3 processes come to mind:
Symbol (already mentioned)
Block
External Reference

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

April 21, 2010, 09:48:09 AM
!!~Muchos Gracias Mi amigos~!!
I shall invoke those terms in my searching of the help files.

Running  Ver 16.1 Pro Platinum