TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Aligning pictures-
Read 2073 times
* September 28, 2010, 08:25:11 AM
I think I saw a thread or article on how to arrange three different pictures  (top side,end) of an object in order to make a drawing. Getting them aligned, etc.
I cannot find it. Would someone let me know where it is? (or is my imagination getting away from me :-[ )
Thanx
Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

September 28, 2010, 08:45:33 AM
I think I saw a thread or article on how to arrange three different pictures  (top side,end) of an object in order to make a drawing. Getting them aligned, etc.
I cannot find it. Would someone let me know where it is? (or is my imagination getting away from me :-[ )
Thanx
Ed

What you're looking for is "window/open layout template" ,then choose one of the presets.

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* September 28, 2010, 09:05:14 AM
Alan- Thanx
Not exactly.-Let me try again.

I can 'insert/from picture' a view of an object ( lets say that it is the side view). What I want to do is insert/from picture a second view of an object (the end view) and orient it on a workplane 90deg to the side view in the same 3d view. Then I want to take a third view and use it as the top view, again on a work plane oriented 90 deg to the other two. There is no problem in placing each picture on a different workplane, but I'm having difficulties lining them up as far as centerlines and end points are concerned.

This will be for drawing parts to a boat hull, that cannot be drawn from a single view.

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

September 28, 2010, 09:27:15 AM
Alan- Thanx
Not exactly.-Let me try again.

What I want to do is insert/from picture a second view of an object (the end view) and orient it on a workplane 90deg to the side view in the same 3d view. Then I want to take a third view and use it as the top view, again on a work plane oriented 90 deg to the other two.

Ed

Sorry, maybe someone else understands the feature that you described.

I would move the reference point(and workplane) to control where the pictures are snapped and use the window layout to get to each view, But you probably already know that.

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

September 28, 2010, 10:02:03 AM
Do you mean like a three view shot, such as this: http://www.textualcreations.ca/Airliner%20Tutorial%203-View%20signed_1000.jpg

If so, you will need to scale each image so they are all correct and then you will need to rotate the pictures and align. You may need to reposition your reference points and snap to some preliminary trace lines that you have placed on the image.

I put my side view off to the side, as opposed to central, since I found it easier to work with in this way.

* September 28, 2010, 11:10:44 AM
Right on Don

I'll see what I can do.

What----- No plug for a tutorial?  ;) ;) ;)
Want to sell a partial tutorial from the Airliner one?

Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

September 28, 2010, 09:33:57 PM
Right on Don

What----- No plug for a tutorial?  ;) ;) ;)

Outside of advertising a new tutorial, Don usually gets his plugs from satisfied customers (like me).

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* September 29, 2010, 06:29:52 AM
Jeff-
From me to - he does a great job!
Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum