TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Grid Moves
Read 2402 times
* September 27, 2010, 10:52:25 PM
I am very new to Turbocad. I am using it to edit electrical schematics. When I copy an object from one page and paste it on another, its refreance point is wrong. None the less, When I click on that copied object the grid moves to it. The original items on the same drawing are no longer in alignment with the grid.
How do I keep the original drawing in alignment with the grid and move the pasted objects to snap to the same grid?

Hope this makes sense

September 28, 2010, 01:42:43 AM
I'm an electronic engineer and I use a schematic capture program for my schematics; can't really see how TC would be of any use.

Anyways... when you select everything, press the 'D' key to allow you re-specify the local origin for the current selection.  Move the cursor to a good point and snap the reference point to it (the 'V' snap will probably be the easiest one to use).

You might want to Group everything before re-specifying the origin, copying and pasting.  It will make the re-specified Reference Point much "stickier".

Oh, yeah... Copy and Paste will only work in Wireframe mode.  If you have Hidden Line or any other rendering mode selected, C&P will fail.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* September 28, 2010, 03:39:21 AM
re: When I click on that copied object the grid moves to it.

This usually means the selected 2D object is on a different workplane from the other 2D objects.

If everything is 2D,
Select All,
Workspace / Workplane / By World (Ctrl+Alt+W),
Format / Place on Workplane (Shift+Alt+W).

Hopefully everything lines up as expected and you should be able to move 2D objects without the grid shifting.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit