TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Gazebo in the moon light
Read 3320 times
* June 05, 2009, 09:20:40 PM
Today I was doing some digging in old external hardrive and found some oldies.Though I hang them in the gallery.

W.D.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 05, 2009, 09:32:27 PM
Those are delightful pics.

Henry H

* June 06, 2009, 03:36:52 AM
Thanks Henry
I really didn't get the results I was after back then the lighting is little strong.The chess pieces made at larger scale for visibility purpose.Which really didn't make difference in long run.This is one those drawings in my collection I gave up on.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

June 06, 2009, 08:21:41 AM
Nice 1 wd

Where do you find a tree to put in an image like that?

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz

* June 06, 2009, 11:52:40 AM
Hi Dave C.

First I want take moment to say I liked the tic-toe table on Dons Website. Your are not novas with wonderful workmanship you created. I can tell that it was made with love .It was cleverly & pleasantly in color contrast and design of the spheres with the floral detail affect brings life to the  art work. The trees are from the a tool command call Landscape that is no longer offer in AutoCAD or if does it hidden in depths of AC’s command Library which I was unable to locate in 2009 version.

But the illustration was created with AC 2004.This was one my class assignments required from the instructor for grade at completion of my training and the theme was to create a 3d illustration of any sorts that tell something about the illustration. The instructor didn’t want just a 3d object stuck on sheet paper, he want the student to explore his or her artistic talents and you would have to give a little synopses of what the image is telling to the observer.

After that I gave up on. It could have been tweak a little. The tree you can install in TC drawing by means of the standard methods of loading jpegs and embedding process .I have in past found a tree and made a snap shots of  it and use the magic wand tool that comes in photo program such as Photoshop, Paint-Net. etc.. Copy and past and rescale without background it kinda lengthy process to explain but to give you some idea. You can find 3d landscaping objects on the net and bring into your work which is much easier to do than what I did. The one I used is 2d  that’s in a library of landscaping objects. There are 3d symbols available that would be the best route to go with. In my opinion.

Thanks
W.D.

June 06, 2009, 12:10:41 PM
Your are not novas with wonderful workmanship you created. I can tell that it was made with love .It was cleverly & pleasantly in color contrast and design of the spheres with the floral detail affect brings life to the  art work.

Hi wd

I would really like to thank you for your very kind complement about my work.

BUT......

I have to admit at this point that I am not a professional TC user by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I am a welder by trade.

My first version of TC was V9 deluxe that I bought from ebay because I needed to produce some 2d parts drawings for a project that I was working on at the time.

Since then I have become absolutely hooked on it.

learned a lot more after joining the old forum.

All of my 3D work is for my own pleasure, can also be very frustrating at times.

Case in point...
The Tic Tac Toe scene took 3 hours to render full screen.
In the end I rendered this in a window the size of a postage stamp but it still took 6 hours to save it as a jpg.
Complete nightmare when it crashes half way through.

Dave C
TC Pro V14.2 - TC 21 Platinum 64 Bit Build 22.3
Intel i-4770K 3.5GHz
120GB ssd 2TB hd
16GB memory
64bit Windows 7 Pro

www.ipernity.com/fizzyfitz