TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

2D / 3D Mode indicator
Read 684 times
* June 25, 2019, 04:15:33 PM
Probably not of much use to many but as a pure 2D user I would find a clear indicator in the Status Bar (or elsewhere) showing what drawing mode I am in to be very helpful.  perhaps the "toggle" could be a larger permanent button with colour/test indication?

TC2019 Pro
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings, wood toy plans.

* June 25, 2019, 05:17:07 PM
I dont know if we need more, in my place the Toogle button is marked when in 2D, not marked when in 3D, a very simple indicator.
Also the length of inputfields area are longer in 3D as i also get the Z Field in there
All in the Inspector Bar

And if i select one object in 2D my selector have a 1 arm/ 1 green dot, in 3D it have 3 arms/ 3 green dots
I can also go in to Selector Property and say it should not have any Shell if in 3D
So a lot of options, and at least 1 of this you should be able to notice.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* June 25, 2019, 09:37:32 PM
I find using the "2D/3D Depending…" setting in "Selector Properties—›General" page to be helpful determining what-is-what. Working on the World WorkPlane is a PLUS too. If the object is 2D, you'll see a selector with one rotation handle and a short Inspector bar. If it's a 3D object, you'll have 3 rotation handles and a wide Inspector Bar.

Changes in the workplane is the usual problem with 2D drawings, which can be user generated or from objects imported from other drawings.

As for the Toggle, I rarely touch that, as I have to go into Selector Properties to reset it back to "2D/3D Depending" when I'm done.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit