TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Turbocad deluxe 2019 is poor
Read 669 times
* July 01, 2019, 01:06:24 PM
I have just purchased the turbocad deluxe upgrade 2019. I am sorry that the "deluxe" version does not have all the features of a 2D CAD but I find it in the professional and platinum version. In deluxe there is only arrow line, missing arrow curve, polyline etc (in the manual instead it is available also for deluxe). Also missing text along a curve. These are all 2D features that I would have expected to find in deluxe. It is a pity! I hope for a change of course ... with deluxe 2019 patches.
My best regards
Fabio

Turbocad Deluxe 19

* July 01, 2019, 02:38:49 PM
I'm not neccesary agree with you, you have DL and upgrade to DL 2019, then you should know what DL is and that tools are sort of limited in that edition comperred with Pro Platinum.

You want to pay a small price but get the tools from the expencive one's, if it should be like that, why should people pay 7-8 times more for a PP edition ??
That make no sense to me, pay for a Lada but expect to get a Benz.

You can draw Arrow's and then make a polyline and connect to the arrow's

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 28, 2019, 09:35:42 AM
I seen this post and thought it fitting to add my own two cents.

In regard to buy a reasonably priced vehicle and expecting a top of the line.
Not for me, it is more like buying two of the exact same vehicles

One for a higher price with a bunch of bells and whistles and cool features
and the other for a lesser price that has only the basics features.
How ever you could drive either one of them to the same place with the same results.
Just that one would be more fun and comfortable the other not so much.
None the less in the cheaper version you would not have to get out every couple of miles to see if the wheels were going falling off. and when you turn the steering wheel left the car moves to the left. That all I ask for in a cheaper version is that it works.

If I buy an expensive computer and the math is right and then but a cheap calculator and the math is off I am not going to happy with that. The calculator should give me the right math no matter what I paid for it.   

I'm not neccesary agree with you, you have DL and upgrade to DL 2019, then you should know what DL is and that tools are sort of limited in that edition comperred with Pro Platinum.

You want to pay a small price but get the tools from the expencive one's, if it should be like that, why should people pay 7-8 times more for a PP edition ??

Torfinn

July 28, 2019, 10:40:21 AM

How ever you could drive either one of them to the same place with the same results.
None the less in the cheaper version you would not have to get out every couple of miles to see if the wheels were going falling off. and when you turn the steering wheel left the car moves to the left. That all I ask for in a cheaper version is that it works.

If I buy an expensive computer and the math is right and then but a cheap calculator and the math is off I am not going to happy with that. The calculator should give me the right math no matter what I paid for it.   

Torfinn

You can't compare TurboCAD Deluxe and Platinum to cars. Any two cars will get you from A to B but you can never get to certain 3D modeling heights with TC Deluxe that you can with TC Platinum. Deluxe isn't just a pared down version with basic tools, it is limited by the very drawing engine that it uses. Try making the attached in Deluxe - it would not be possible. I could show you dozens of models that would not be possible with Deluxe.

* July 28, 2019, 02:43:38 PM
I don't care if the cheaper version of software does not do all the stuff more expensive software does; I just want it to do what it does correctly, and for the record TurboCad Deluxe 2019 does that. I did have a few moments of doubt but it was I that was getting it wrong. I don't have a problem being wrong if I did I'd be in bad shape. 

Torfinn

You can't compare TurboCAD Deluxe and Platinum to cars. Any two cars will get you from A to B but you can never get to certain 3D modeling heights with TC Deluxe that you can with TC Platinum. Deluxe isn't just a pared down version with basic tools, it is limited by the very drawing engine that it uses. Try making the attached in Deluxe - it would not be possible. I could show you dozens of models that would not be possible with Deluxe.