TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Legacy 32 Bit with Windows 10 64 Bit
Read 1012 times
* June 07, 2019, 09:14:56 AM
After getting Windows 10 64 Bit running, I found that I couldn't use my 15+ year old scanner to work.  It couldn't be found but I kept trying to install it over and over again and using several versions of the software until I had the scanner show up in Device Manager and "working properly" even though the program itself wouldn't work yet.  It was an issue of 32 Bit programs.  However, an old printer worked without hesitation so I kept on trying and restarting the computer dozens of times.
I found a video on YouTube that fixed it for me:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyoyorh-YGQ
I have my scanner working.  From Control Panel I went to Programs and Features and turned Windows features ON.  I then found "Internet Information Services" and in Advanced I made "Enable 32 bit Applications" TRUE.  Then restarted the computer.  I checked for compatibility with "Troubleshoot Compatibility" and ran as administrator and the program suddenly appeared.
Anytime there are problems with Windows 10 do a search on the web for solutions.  I hope this helps if anyone is having problems.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* June 07, 2019, 09:25:14 AM
Thanks for the tip, John. Those "features" are impossible to understand without some kind of expert guidance.

Henry H

* June 07, 2019, 12:54:50 PM
Thanks for the tip, John. Those "features" are impossible to understand without some kind of expert guidance.

Henry H

The folks at Microtek got me started but couldn't finish the job so I talked to Microsoft Support and that told me to buy a new scanner.  Then, I started searching for "32 bit programs on windows 10 64 bit" and I came up with the answer.  It took me about two weeks, off and on, and lots of restarts.  I wanted to keep my scanner because it has CCD and the newer scanners use CIS.  Look it up.  lol

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

June 07, 2019, 03:12:06 PM

Seems that anything that takes longer than 5 seconds to boot (Windows, TurboCAD, etc.) needs a robust user group forum to collate information and tips.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1