TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Animated Rhib, Crane and Bofors
Read 1265 times
* June 03, 2019, 01:24:22 PM
Got all the animations done and they look really good. Theyre currently just individual animated files. The big issue for me is a suitable screen size given that Ive now got over 745 objects in one if my tc animations files. At the moment the main tc window for upperdeck is 1/8 of my screen resolution and I need to find a compromise for larger display.

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* June 03, 2019, 08:21:55 PM
So Im having some trouble reconciling my current drawing size to a suitable output animation file based on the anilab options formats available and Im trying to find a suitable compromise on my current drawing size and output window sizes that anilab offer and get a decent LW AR render for youtube etc.

The window size works ok in both draft and the advanced render is ok, if not a little slow but whats got me curious is how the small window size that Im using now is going to translate to a youtube video. I suspect that in the translation Im gunna loose a lot of detail. Is that correct?

The overhead screen dump is just for reference and the detail is good. Each green circle represents an animation process and each red box represents a section of the animation that will most likely be done as separate animation processes and in separate files. Is this the best way to go?

The northeast screen grab shows most detail thats loaded in the upperdeck file, there are other files not yet animated for lowerdeck areas like engineering, auxilary and steering gear etc,

Any tips or advice appreciated.

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* June 03, 2019, 08:46:52 PM
Have you tried the "Movie" page; "Custom Size"?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

June 04, 2019, 12:42:33 AM
Daz,

you can also set up your own output preferences, and save them as a Template.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* June 04, 2019, 02:13:54 AM
John R didnt know it existed. Thanks

Tim didnt know that either. Thanks

Daz

* June 04, 2019, 02:16:00 AM
I guess I should havee looked a bit more. Duh.
😏

Daz

* June 11, 2019, 06:16:53 PM
The fremantle model is not going to work in anilab at all. What Ive discovered is that it consumes too much memory even in a draft render and thats about 31.3gb, so a lw ar render is out of the question. see Capture1.png.

At this point in time this drawing has 690+ objects and I figure this is where the fundamental problem lies, just too much detail.

I initially had the idea of doing a fly around likes Kais house animation ( God Jul med TurboCAD.mp4 ) and based on my results to date I dont have enough memory or fast enough processor  ( 32 gb and i7-6700 CPU @ 34.0Ghz, 4 Cores, 8 logical and Nvidia GTX 960 graphics card).

So Im using a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 atm and  even after dropping the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 the quality of the resolution is poor. see rhib2-combined.png.

Fwiw Ive rendered each object individually and they look really good, but the total sum of the parts is where the problem lies and Im now stuck. I guess that if I where to use a perspective view from say the south west I could hide some objects like: bofors cannon and winch and all objects on the Port side of the boat etc and that is likely to save a small amount of memory but not enough.

Unless Ive overlooked something obvious in screen resolution or tuning the design to use much less memory then Im snookered.  There are no part tree objects and I further assume that if all acis objects where converted to surfaces I may save some more memory but likely not enough again.

Any ideas?

Daz

* June 11, 2019, 06:23:21 PM
Just occurred to me that if I use a closeup perspective view as the startup sequence in anilab that this may work and then I can trim the amount of detail and save some memory etc. From this point I can then enter the boat through the starboard door and do my internal animations and then when I want to show the bow, stern or flying bridge etc animations I can just exit via an escape hatch straight to that part of the boat.

Daz

June 12, 2019, 03:55:35 PM
The fremantle model is not going to work in anilab at all. What Ive discovered is that it consumes too much memory even in a draft render and thats about 31.3gb, so a lw ar render is out of the question. see Capture1.png.

At this point in time this drawing has 690+ objects and I figure this is where the fundamental problem lies, just too much detail.

I initially had the idea of doing a fly around likes Kais house animation ( God Jul med TurboCAD.mp4 ) and based on my results to date I dont have enough memory or fast enough processor  ( 32 gb and i7-6700 CPU @ 34.0Ghz, 4 Cores, 8 logical and Nvidia GTX 960 graphics card).

So Im using a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 atm and  even after dropping the screen resolution to 1024 x 768 the quality of the resolution is poor. see rhib2-combined.png.

Fwiw Ive rendered each object individually and they look really good, but the total sum of the parts is where the problem lies and Im now stuck. I guess that if I where to use a perspective view from say the south west I could hide some objects like: bofors cannon and winch and all objects on the Port side of the boat etc and that is likely to save a small amount of memory but not enough.

Unless Ive overlooked something obvious in screen resolution or tuning the design to use much less memory then Im snookered.  There are no part tree objects and I further assume that if all acis objects where converted to surfaces I may save some more memory but likely not enough again.

Any ideas?

Have you looked at lowering the ACIS Faceter Quality to lower memory consumption?

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* June 12, 2019, 04:35:00 PM
Thank you Darrel thats a good idea.seems that this would make a useful addition to anilab tools options.

Daz

June 12, 2019, 11:55:20 PM
Hi Daz,

yes, rendering can use a lot of memory.   :(
However, I would suggest sticking with quality rendering. 
Render fully only those objects which the camera can see, as it were. 
Switch on/off layers/xrefs as required.
Items/objects/models in the background/further away can be replaced with images. 
Kai uses this trick to create a forest of trees. 
You can cut your ship into sections either way. 
Have a think about it.  :)

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2016/2017/2018 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab.

* June 15, 2019, 02:40:08 PM
Darrell was right I can save memory by reducing ACIS quality to say 50-60% and still use lightworks quality raytrace as well.😁

Tim yes thats the best answer to cut out unwanted scenes from the camera,  so Im now cutting away.

Daz

* June 15, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
I assume its best then to plot my camera route before I cut out unwanted scenes and then save the route (  spline ) with all modified scenes?

Daz

June 16, 2019, 08:39:19 AM
Yes, that will certainly help.

Regards Tim