TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

TIP: Space Units & Numeric Precision Setting
Read 2855 times
February 25, 2010, 08:27:57 AM
When you set up a CAM file, I have a preset template just for my CAM projects, make sure that your space units on your drawing are set to "10" & in the "CAM Palette Options" set this to full precision. If this is not done there can be inconsistencies with what you have drawn & the g-code output for the same part.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 25, 2010, 11:19:27 AM
Good tip Ken

here is a pointer. There is G-Program folder some where. When you do a save the code lives there ,I lost all my G codes in the past doing a reinstall one time .Be good thing too back it up in different location so if you  have to run the job again you can retrieve them if necessary.They're in text format.Was curious how do set your files with a tap. or NC. extension? how do you handle that?or is done for you when load in the router.

W.D.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 04:21:46 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 25, 2010, 12:12:07 PM
Good tip Ken

here is a pointer. There is G-Program folder some where. When you do a save the code lives there ,I lost all my G codes in the past doing a reinstall one time .Be good thing too back it up in different location so if you  have to run the job again you can retrieve them if necessary.They're in text format.Was curious do have set your files with a tap. or NC. extension? how do you handle that?or is done for you when load in the router.

W.D.

MACH3 will read a standard text file. What I do with my g-code files is this, I create a folder & name for whatever project I have started. Once I have my drawings done on my standard template, I export each individual piece to a new drawing created from my preset CAM template. I then generate the tool paths & export my g-code to a sub-folder labeled "G-Code". That way I have the code within each file as well as the code I run in my machine after I make a couple of manual tweaks to them. Once a week I back up all of my drawings on a flash drive & dvd. I do two backups so If need be I can work on a drawing at home.

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||