TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

SEKE, DEKE and Shortcut/hot Keys (again)
Read 935 times
* April 29, 2019, 07:50:58 PM
Hi all, probably a 'lame' user issue causing this .... BUT....

I have had an ongoing issue with all my SEKE, DEKE and shortcut/hotkeys not working. The usual fix is to go to Menu - Tools - Workspace - Customise and reloading my desktop.  However this is NOT working.  I have checked all that I think I should have set, i have no snaps active.

I have even upgraded to 2019 Pro to try and fix it but no joy.  This implies it is perhaps an issue in my drawing?  These issues started after I exported, and imported, dwg files. 

I am using Win10 Pro - 64 bit (up to date), Intel i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz with 32MB RAM, and NVIDEA GeForce GTX950

Any clues / suggestions to fix this would be most appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 08:56:36 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings, wood toy plans.

* April 29, 2019, 09:09:44 PM
Hi Pat can you post the drawing?

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5 & LightWorks rendering mostly.

* April 29, 2019, 09:16:29 PM
Hi Daz, it is HUGE far to big to post here - it is a ship plan with lots of embedded graphic files etc. 

If not the drawing it has to be a configuration thing? 

I have also tried to clean and rebuild the "Built-In" folder, but there is no such folder under my Profiles for 2019

cheers

Pat
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:31:06 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro
Beginner (with much to learn) mainly period ship plans and fittings, wood toy plans.

* April 30, 2019, 03:44:07 AM
Maybe you could post another small drawing that have the problem.
Normally the Built-in is here;
C:\Users\YOUR Username\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2019\Professional x64\Data\Profiles

Have you try'd Repair ??

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

April 30, 2019, 02:10:03 PM
Normally the Built-in is here;
C:\Users\YOUR Username\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2019\Professional x64\Data\Profiles

Have you try'd Repair ??

Based on my own experience, Repair will not fix everything that's gone wrong in the Built-In folder.

Better to exit TurboCAD, delete the Built-In folder and re-start TC.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* April 30, 2019, 03:23:05 PM
I agree about Repair, but he could not see the Built in, so maybe …

In my choice the Repair is number 1 as we dont need to reload cfg's and template, metric system for the one's that use that ;)
2 is Bult in
3 is Built in and close and do a cold start of pc

This will normally sort it out, whatever it is, if that not help, i whipe out everything about the actual TC version, close/ start pc and re install.
So if it's not a bug, i dont have any issues this way/ steps, and TC work again, not a lot of work.

Torfinn

RedSDK enabled

* April 30, 2019, 05:01:37 PM
Hi Torrfin and Jeff; thanks for looking in and your suggestions.

The built-in file simply does not exist  (I have turned on view hidden files) in the Profiles folder and 'nadda' - File Explorer states no files in the folder.

I will need to try a 'Repair' simply to see if it does anything (I am assuming a repair as in reinstall - repair option?)  I do not expect this will work (but I will try) as the issue became noticeable under 2018 Expert after exporting and importing dwg files - I could use the Tools - Workspace - Customise -load from option after export to return the functionality, but nothing works after importing the dwg file.  Just to clarify, I am now working with a tcw file, not the dwg file.  That is why I loaded, and am now using the 2019 Pro version, but the problem continues. 

I will also test on other files to see if it is a common issue and post one of the files here if it is consistent across several files later today (Aussie time) - to date it is an issue with any file I open/try.

Many thanks again

Pat

TC2019 Pro

* April 30, 2019, 05:39:34 PM
It could also be in your Program Data folder, i did check on my machine but it only contain a ini for something that looks like a update and the TCWelcomeSplashTest

A Repair will make TC look true your TC version, and then copy some files over to TC again, that maybe can sort your issue, especial as you dont find the Built-in inside the …… Profile
Run your install program again and after some Choices you will get the option to Moderate, Repair or un install.
This you will also find if you go to the windows Apps and function, select the TC Version and choose Repair

Torfinn

RedSDK enabled

* April 30, 2019, 05:51:55 PM
Pat see
C:\Users\Dazzy\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2018\Professional x64\Data\Profiles\Built-in

So thats for 2018pp

C:\Users\Dazzy\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2017\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-In

Sp that for 2017pp

Daz

* April 30, 2019, 10:33:06 PM
This is where I find the "Built-In" folder for 2019. The %AppData% route is the quickest, as it shows everything, if you haven't tinkered withe Folder settings.

C:\Users\John R\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2019\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-In

%AppData%\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD 2019\Professional x64\Profiles\Built-In

The lone "Profiles" just has an INI file that tells the program what language to use.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* May 01, 2019, 12:00:02 AM
Hi all, many thanks again in assisting me to resolve this.  I could not find the Built-In in the above but did find it under ....Roaming...as its own folder in the attached screen grab - there were many ini files here so did not tinker.

All that said, all of a sudden the SEKE and Shortcut keys have started working again; the only difference is that I did a 'safe boot with network earlier today   ???  Strange.

Let's hope they keep working :)

cheers

Pat

TC2019 Pro

* May 01, 2019, 03:26:13 AM
Good it work out, but where you did find it is the direction we have try'd to tell you all the time :))

Torfinn

RedSDK enabled

* May 03, 2019, 05:17:43 PM
Sorry, a bit slow - I was looking at a different path, but glad to have it working.  I wish I could work out why the program loses integrity (SEKE etc stop working) whenever I import or export dwg files though - this is consistent.  I have tired to raise it to support but no answer.

cheers

Pat

TC2019 Pro

* May 03, 2019, 10:12:46 PM
It's impractical to expect support to give you the sort of support you'd like, ie an instant fix or a definite cause,  if they can't repeat your issue on other systems or divine it from a drawing that you can share.   Perhaps the source or configuration of the .dwg files you import might have some bearing on that, since you're seeing that as the consistent cue for your problem.  I'm a couple of versions behind 2019, but V21 used to drop SEKEs for me, closing and opening it again would restore defaults, I don't faff with customisation.

* May 05, 2019, 04:42:02 PM
Murray, I understand that and would not expect an instant fix - simply having the issue acknowledged and knowing whether it just my files/install, or a known/common issue, is all that I ask.  Not even getting the courtesy of an acknowledgement is what frustrates me.

The issues started when I was exporting/saving as dwg files to send to someone to further refine for 3D printed parts.  I was always able to fix the issue with the Customise - Load from -  'work around'.  HOWEVER, when I imported a dwg file, nothing would fix it.

From what I have read in these forums and elsewhere, and simply just having the 'work around' implies, there is some sort of background or software conflict issue that causes these shortcut/hot keys, SEKE etc to stop working so often.  If it is not a common issue, the simple courtesy of Support having advising this would allow me to concentrate on looking deeper into my PC software to see if there are any potential 'conflicts' etc.

What is the purpose of a 'Support' option if they do not respond; it's not like I flood them with issues as I try to resolve them first myself - I have only raised three or four, and only one being 'user related' due to a lack of familiarity with the software.  The one time my persistence in getting in contact, proved the issue I had was software related and was to be fixed in this version (have not checked it out yet) - so it's not like I am not trying to resolve the issues myself first? 

TC2019 Pro

* May 05, 2019, 05:21:52 PM
If you run the Repair option what happens then ??
And if you do try it, read what it is supposed to fix ;);)

I have used TC for nearly 10 years now and have never had any problems with hotkeys or SEKE's, at least as far i can remember.
That said, i basically only use 2 of TC's, Ctrl + Alt + E and W the rest is with mouse/buttons and some of the standard windows hotkeys.

I do open/ insert dwg's often and save to tcw and then later save back to dwg if needed for sharing at a later point.

If you want support should figure out what your issue is, you need to provide them with a drawing that cause problem for you together with a step by step explonation of what you do and what happens when.
Then they maybe can figure out what happens in your end.

That other maybe have similar issues with stuff that go away, is not the same as the problem is made the same way in all cases.

Torfinn

RedSDK enabled

* May 05, 2019, 06:16:51 PM
Pat at the moment Im into drawing a boat ( fremantle class patrol boat ) including all fixtures and fittings for animation, still got lots todo. Seeks, Deeks are vital to a quality drawing so like I said in my 1st post can you post the drawing?

If you cant then I suggest that you create a copy from windows explorer and trim enough out for peace of mind and then post that. This way someone can look into your drawing without fear of losing control of your work. The benefit to YOU is that you dont give away what your not comfortable with but just enough so we can help you fix your issues.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 06:22:03 PM by Darryl W »

Daz

* May 06, 2019, 05:51:59 PM
Hi again Torfinn and Daz; much appreciate the suggestions.

A little earlier in this thread I reported that 'all of a sudden' these tools/functions started working again after doing a reboot in safe-mode (to fix a problem in Outlook).  So no need to post drawings etc but I do appreciate the offer to look at them.

WRT drawings, apart from the potential protection/copyright issues is the physical size of the drawing; which as you suggest I am culling and working on to reduce its size.  Being self taught and not understanding the principle (not conveyed in the training videos) I made many errors and I drew everything rather than use blocks etc.  I would hate to try and count the number of entities :) .  That said, I have been going through removing a lot of the underlying graphics I used for tracing, and going through steadily joining individual entities etc as I am nearing the end of the 'hull stage' and I will be doing the rigging etc on a separate drawing.  It was not until I purchased a tutorial from Don Cheke that I learnt how badly I had been doing things.

My expressed 'frustration' is that I never receive a response to a problem report to support unless I jump up and down (which I dislike doing).  All I was TRYING to do was report a behaviour with the program in the hope to identify if it was my PC or the program (and also one of the reasons I upgraded). If I encounter the issue again, I will post a version of the drawing as I think it can only be one of three potential causes:
1.    Software conflict (possibly with Outlook or my Wacom Tablet software)
2.    PC configuration and/or  input device conflicts
3.     An embedded issue within my drawing/ or one I have imported into the drawing (more likely the latter)

All that said, it is working nicely for the moment, (fingers crossed as I say this :) ) and I will not play around with the set-up/configuration in the hope I can get this drawing finished.  The next drawing I hope will be set up a lot better.

cheers

Pat
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 05:57:47 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro

* May 06, 2019, 06:10:17 PM
Pat most likely culprit is the 3rd point you make. Point is if you post a small sample of your drawing which is likely to have the source of the seeks going awol then we most likely can identify it.

Daz

* May 10, 2019, 11:09:04 PM
Hi Daz, would that problem still be inherent now that they are working again?  Or, are you referring to the suspect 3D drw drawing?

Many thanks

TC2019 Pro

* May 10, 2019, 11:38:49 PM
Quote " An embedded issue within my drawing/ or one I have imported into the drawing (more likely the latter) "

Pat most likely that youve imported some feature/drawing/object thats affecting your sekes etc. Nobody will know for sure until you find the problem. Like I said before strip out most aspects that are your drawings and leave in any objects/drawings that are imported that way we can help identify the issues you have. Hope this helps.

Daz

* May 12, 2019, 05:26:00 PM
Thanks again Daz, I am off today for a 5 week holiday so may not check in as regularly.  That sounds a very plausible scenario, as it seems the issue became worse on the import of a dwg format file; and the imported file was a conversion from another 3D programme - may have some embedded 3D stuff which my set-up conflicts with as all my stuff is 2D? 
I was always able to fix the issue before this import.  I have stripped most stuff out just leaving the imported detailed drawing  - all the main ship lines (which were working have been omitted). 
regards

Pat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 06:09:40 PM by PatM »

TC2019 Pro

* May 14, 2019, 05:58:18 PM
Ive had no problems with sekes, dekes and tekes in the sample drawing you posted. Can you describe what issues you have with the sample that you provided to the forum?

Daz

* June 16, 2019, 03:26:21 PM
Hi Pat

Just after I downloaded and tested your file all my sekes, dekes etc worked fine, I suggest that you set your sekes up like this image.

Right mouse click on the word SNAP at the bottom of the Turbocads desktop and set the settings up the same way. Keep in my when you click either SNAP or GEO that black is on, grey is off.

Daz

* June 16, 2019, 07:43:42 PM
Very many thanks Daz, that has fixed it.  I was sure I had ticked that bottom box but somehow (probably something I did) seems it to have inadvertently unchecked it.  I will need to look at this regularly.

As I said when I opened this topic 'probably a 'lame' user issue causing this' :) 

cheers

Pat

TC2019 Pro

* June 17, 2019, 02:21:33 PM
Happy to help Pat.

Daz