Such fun! There are lots of alternative ways to intersect the ridges and valleys of this particular letter, and those terms give away that my initial attempt was using the roof tool. As well as that, the design of the letter is arbitrary and inconsistent, consider that the leading corner of the lower extension stroke (I can imagine ridges and valleys for 3D versions, but I've no idea what the jargon for the strokes of letters is) is filleted, the middle and upper strokes aren't. I thought it might be possible to explode the roof into a surface, edit to taste, convert to solid and fillet the valleys parametrically. That didn't work because the solid conversion returned different planes for the roof's faces than the surface did. After abandoning that methodology, I extruded the outline of a TNR uppercase E as flexible text, exploded to surface, converted to solid. Then I used facet editor to defeature, deleting the fillet faces of the vertical flanks. After that, I chamfered the edges of the upper face, setting them back so that the chamfer faces didn't intersect on the top faces anywhere and omitting the truncated edges of the serifs. Then I went back to facet editor and deleted the top face, which brought the chamfer faces to meet at ridges. Then I used quick pull to lift the base face, consuming the side faces. After that, I was left with a solid roof-like structure that can be converted to a surface, edited to suit, then filleted to finish. I enjoyed working out this methodology. I don't think it's any easier than the ways that you did it, Henry, but it does show a bit of what TC's direct editing tools can be turned to.
ps I found out that it's easier to put fillets on the skirt sides and conical fillets on the valleys that intersect with them before quick-pulling the skirt verticals out of existence.