TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Cursors
Read 168 times
* March 21, 2019, 02:07:31 PM
I wanted to enlarge the Windows 7 Pro cursor so I went to the Web to find out how to enlarge the cursor but mostly I found the same instructions to go to Control Panel/Mouse/Pointers/Scheme and from there the size and style of the cursor can be selected.  The largest I could choose was the “Windows Inverted (extra large) (system scheme)”.  I normally go with the black but this time I went with the Inverted because it changes color opposite of what it is hovering over. 
There are software programs to download to make your own but Windows will resize them to 64x64.  Cursors can be downloaded and saved in C:/Windows/Cursors as .cur and .ani. 
A downloaded cursor can be slightly larger than a Windows cursor.  They can come in all colors, shapes and subjects and some I found change colors.  Some cursors are free to download and others must be purchased for a modest price.
One way to make a cursor seem larger is to change the screen resolution to a lesser size.  That will make the cursor larger but everything else becomes larger and the relative size of the cursor remains the same.
After a cursor is downloaded to the Windows/Cursor folder, it can become usable by going to Mouse Properties/Pointers/Customize/Browse and choose the cursor from the list in the Cursors folder and in Scheme/Save As…, type in its name and it will be in the drop down list forever.
My favorite now is "3D Animated" that blinks different three colors, green, red, and yellow.

Good luck,

John B.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 05:41:16 PM by John B. »

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* March 27, 2019, 02:30:30 PM
Thanks for that, John. I just swapped mine for a larger version and it's a LOT easier to see.

Henry H

* March 27, 2019, 04:24:41 PM
Yes, good tip John. I was always loosing my cursor on a white background.
Cheers
John

Core i7-6700 CPU
16GB Ram
64 Bit
Windows 10 Home
TurboCAD 2015 Pro Platinum 64 bit Build 90.0

* March 28, 2019, 02:44:23 PM
It's funny how a simple thing like changing a cursor after so many years can be a breath of fresh air.

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series