TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

disappearing cursor
Read 96 times
* March 14, 2019, 07:43:35 AM
I recently moved to a new computer and used Laplink to bring everything over.  I am having a problem that I cannot solve. When I move the cursor onto model space it disappears. Along with this the drawing tool I'm using does not show until I complete the action, same with selector box. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson

* March 14, 2019, 07:48:20 AM
P.S. forgot to mention that I'm using TC 2017.
Bob

Bob Johnson

* March 14, 2019, 10:07:17 AM
Have you try'd to reload your cfg
Tools/ Customize >> Workspace >> Load from

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* March 14, 2019, 11:19:35 AM
Using Laplink.     I've never used it, but does that mean just the drawing files or the programs / settings as well.   

Are you using RedSDK mode or GDI mode - possibly with the lightworks plug-in (Options menu - native draw).   I only ask as it sounds like a may be graphic driver problem (which may affect RedSDK mode more than GDI).   

If using GDI Mode.    If Torfinn's suggestion does not cure the problem, you could try deleting the built-in folder,  instructions here.  because if you 'moved everything' instead of installing.  I'm guessing its possible the .ini files etc. may need to be re-built.  (TC will do that itself once the built in folder is deleted).

If using RedSDK mode.  As well as the above.  Does the computer have onboard graphics and a separate card.  If so,  check what graphic TC is using.   Options - Native draw - click button 'Show video system info'. 

If noting works.  a couple of options.   Assuming you still have the original serial number / activation code.    Download the latest full build from here. and follow the 'clean install' instructions from the link above.   Or.  look at the graphics driver, see if there are any updates on the computer makers website, or the graphics card maker.

* March 14, 2019, 11:24:54 AM
Or … maby

Look down
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,22909.msg137120.html#msg137120

The last functional driver for any configuration with TC2017 and nVidia is 378.66.
If this is the case, you must force the use of integrated graphics in the CPU
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:29:05 AM by mpavelek »