TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

spammers general discussion
Read 288 times
* February 19, 2019, 06:26:18 PM
Looks like spammers have totally taken over general discussion..is there any one I can contact when this happens?

Windows 7 ..Dell Precision laptop
Turbocad 9 Professional
Turbocad 21 Professional

* February 19, 2019, 07:37:01 PM
Those in charge have been notified, but they don't come around all that often. You could try Zunair or Shaheryar in Pakistan. At least our spammers haven't caught up to the 3 on the Mac forum. I believe they're closing in on 8,000 SPAM posts over the last 4-5 days.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 19, 2019, 07:48:43 PM
Those in charge have been notified, but they don't come around all that often. You could try Zunair or Shaheryar in Pakistan. At least our spammers haven't caught up to the 3 on the Mac forum. I believe they're closing in on 8,000 SPAM posts over the last 4-5 days.
At the rate they're going it won't take long. Robert from Admin. was on earlier and I tried to make him aware of the problem, so far I haven't heard back

Don

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 19, 2019, 07:51:54 PM
 >:( I'd like to bolt em down tight and give em a re-bore.

Core i7-6700 CPU
16GB Ram
64 Bit
Windows 10 Home
TurboCAD 2015 Pro Platinum 64 bit Build 90.0

* February 19, 2019, 07:57:09 PM
 ;D ;)

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

* February 20, 2019, 01:48:53 AM
[At the rate they're going it won't take long. Robert from Admin. was on earlier and I tried to make him aware of the problem, so far I haven't heard back
Don

As far as I can tell.  Zunair is the only one who is trained to operate the forum.  Last time something was reported to Robert, he passed it onto Zunair.    Its now been 16 hors since it started, and they are still posting.

February 20, 2019, 05:11:14 AM
[At the rate they're going it won't take long. Robert from Admin. was on earlier and I tried to make him aware of the problem, so far I haven't heard back
Don

As far as I can tell.  Zunair is the only one who is trained to operate the forum.  Last time something was reported to Robert, he passed it onto Zunair.    Its now been 16 hors since it started, and they are still posting.

I thought you and Don W were moderators who could deal with the spammers and that is why it hasn't been so bad here for quite some time (until this latest barrage of BS).

* February 20, 2019, 06:07:01 AM
Don

I thought you and Don W were moderators who could deal with the spammers and that is why it hasn't been so bad here for quite some time (until this latest barrage of BS).
Good morning Andy, It's 5:56 am here.
Last night I would remove one spam post three more would appear. At one point  I stopped to look and there were 4 1/2 pages to remove in General discussion and they started in Wish List, I just gave up.
FWIW  I think the only way to deal with this properly is to allow the Moderators to remove the spammers from the users list when it first starts.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 20, 2019, 07:49:25 AM

HI Don.  John also has mod status.  However whilst we can delete spam posts, we are not allowed by IMSI to delete the spammer.  Only Admin can do that. This last few days, I'm guessing over 1500 spam posts have been deleted, but until Zunair blocked the latest three spammers we were just playing catch-up.

Normally, if its just a single post we just delete the post.  With multiple posts we delete them, and send a message to admin (Zunair), who can block the spammer when he has time.  May not be the most ideal situation, but it is what we have to work with.  And to be honest, normally it works quite well.

That said, these last few days have been a rarity for us, with nine spammers and lots of posts.  We were just unlucky that Zunair was not available to block the spammers, once we realised they were not going to stop.  Actually following something John mentioned. I just looked at the Mac forum, and they still have a huge amount of spam posts which no-one is deleting.

Andy 

FWIW  I think the only way to deal with this properly is to allow the Moderators to remove the spammers from the users list when it first starts.

I can understand why that will never happen.   What would be handy, is if they trained more IMSI staff to use the forum.  When we had Tamara and Khadija as well as Zunair, we had more people who could deal with blocking spammers.  If they trained, say five admin, and let us know who they were.  Then that would help for times when Zunair is out of the office or on holiday.

Andy.

* February 20, 2019, 07:53:53 AM
It looks like they have sacrificed the MAC forum. They've got 6 Bot's at work there now and they're currently at 9,000+. They should crack 10,000 posts in a few hours.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10, 64-bit

February 20, 2019, 09:47:26 AM
Thanks Any, Don, John. Whatever limitations you guys have on you with regards to the spammers, I still greatly appreciate all you can do, and continue to do.

February 20, 2019, 10:22:42 AM
Hopefully this will not happen again.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: zattif@imsidesign.com

* February 20, 2019, 04:24:14 PM
Thank you DonC, DonCW, Andy, John, Zunair, and other mods,

You guys are doing a great job.  I have not seen any spam posts, so you must be killing them before the rest of us can see them.

Steve