TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Video - parts created with TurboCAD/CAM
Read 10150 times
February 16, 2010, 03:33:19 PM
Another small video from work, This is an array of "trip cams" for an 18 head Pneumatic Scale liquid filler, The machine has two installed at a time. One to actuate the filling head & one to purge the fill nozzle just before the filling cycle begins. Nothing special, but to make these 4 pieces manually on a milling machine would take a couple of hours. I cut these out in 28 minutes, still have the g-code & can cut more at any time.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 07:19:16 AM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* February 17, 2010, 02:28:03 AM
Ken

Its amazing double stick tape works wonders.I notice to the Z retracts up every time it changes to another move.For instance when its change depths in the bore and the profile and goes to the next depth of cut .Modern cams systems don't do this they continue to the next increment of depth only retract to the next operation or need to bases.There where inquiry about this, Have you found a work around ?I was told it was in the code and needs modifying.I never it check out.But that was assumption of cohort mention and we know about assuming.The video is a real treat to the cam forum would like to see more.Have you tried the programming lathe end of it yet?Over course of time I posted some TCC generated models fully render in the old forum.Hope to see more of your projects,

W.D.  

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

February 17, 2010, 03:17:45 AM
Well WD, I do not have a CNC lathe to work with , yet. As far as that "Z" move goes, it has been discussed but I do not think any thing is going to come of it. I am a newb as far as G-Code goes therefore I do not have my post processor perfected. I recently ordered a book & have located some on line documentation so I have some studying to do. I am hoping I can resolve this in the post processor. Well anyway, thanks for your reply. I will be posting more. I am trying to liven the CAM forum up a bit.

TurboCAD user since v3

February 17, 2010, 12:18:43 PM
To see your work,
it gives me the courage to go on,
and spend more time to learn the CAM plug in.

Nice work.
I'm waiting to see more work of you.

I'm building my own CNC 3D table now (1200x1200x500 mm)
So, tomorrow I can continue with new energy.

Thanks,
Marc.

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
XP pro - SP3 - 4GB ram
- TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

February 17, 2010, 01:08:34 PM
To see your work,
it gives me the courage to go on,
and spend more time to learn the CAM plug in.

Nice work.
I'm waiting to see more work of you.

I'm building my own CNC 3D table now (1200x1200x500 mm)
So, tomorrow I can continue with new energy.

Thanks,
Marc.

Like I have said before, the plug-in is not perfect & I would like some changes, but at the end of the day I really like the software. I have been a TurboCAD user since v3 which ought to show how much I like the TurboCAD Products in general. So do not give up. Whatever issues you may have can probably be over come with  a little time & patience. As far as you building a 3D table goes, you do know that the CAM software is 2.5D, so to do any 3D milling you will need other software. I am hoping this might be a future update to the plug-in. I have a 3D milling project to tackle in the near future & have looked at a product called MeshCAM, http://www.grzsoftware.com/std.php Thanks for the reply Marc.

TurboCAD user since v3

* February 23, 2010, 07:32:38 AM
Very interesting video - thanks for posting.  Pneumatic Scale is a big customer of ours - we make cap sorting equipment.

Sincerely,

JoeM

February 23, 2010, 02:21:00 PM
yeah great video! although I didn't see any mention of TCADCAM in the description on youtube.
(hint, hint) :) and keep up the great work!

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

February 24, 2010, 05:26:22 AM
yeah great video! although I didn't see any mention of TCADCAM in the description on youtube.
(hint, hint) :) and keep up the great work!

Let me go & add TurboCAD to the descriptions & search tags. Sorry  ;D

TurboCAD user since v3

February 24, 2010, 05:31:10 AM
Very interesting video - thanks for posting.  Pneumatic Scale is a big customer of ours - we make cap sorting equipment.

Sincerely,

JoeM

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of your company? We are ever expanding where I work, KIK Custom Products, Memphis plant. We package liquid soaps & body washes, & shampoos, as well as tanning oils, tanning lotions, baby lotions, & we have recently started doing Elizibeth Arden fragrances (Celine Dion, Brittany Spears, Juicy Couture, Curve, Usher, Momba, White Diamonds, ect.).

TurboCAD user since v3

* February 26, 2010, 04:47:14 AM

Sincerely,

JoeM

Just out of curiosity, what is the name of your company? We are ever expanding where I work, KIK Custom Products, Memphis plant. We package liquid soaps & body washes, & shampoos, as well as tanning oils, tanning lotions, baby lotions, & we have recently started doing Elizibeth Arden fragrances (Celine Dion, Brittany Spears, Juicy Couture, Curve, Usher, Momba, White Diamonds, ect.).

The business is C.S. Engineering, LLC (www.capfeeder.com).  My partner and I started up 7 years ago, using TurboCad as our primary design tool.  For the right parts, the belt type gravity orienting ("waterfall") sorters we make are tough to beat for reliability at high feed rates.  We can get references from people who may be customers of yours (P&G, Clorox, etc) if you're interested.

Enough with the sales pitch.  I have been watching your posts with interest because I dream about buying our own CNC router.  Right now we send these parts out, but if we continue to grow this might make sense.

Thanks for your work in keeping up the CAM forum!

JoeM

February 26, 2010, 05:24:24 AM

Sincerely,

JoeM

The business is C.S. Engineering, LLC (www.capfeeder.com).  My partner and I started up 7 years ago, using TurboCad as our primary design tool.  For the right parts, the belt type gravity orienting ("waterfall") sorters we make are tough to beat for reliability at high feed rates.  We can get references from people who may be customers of yours (P&G, Clorox, etc) if you're interested.

Enough with the sales pitch.  I have been watching your posts with interest because I dream about buying our own CNC router.  Right now we send these parts out, but if we continue to grow this might make sense.

Thanks for your work in keeping up the CAM forum!

JoeM

Thanks for the info Joe. I will pass it along to our engineers. Also thank you for the compliments. Hell, I am a newbie to the CNC stuff & at time it is a struggle.

TurboCAD user since v3

* March 05, 2010, 01:12:19 PM
Nice video.

Those Z retracts are what I was complaining about in another post. They are very time consuming and it would be nice if TC could fix that in the next release of the plug-in.

I have thought about writing a post processor that would remove those unnecessary moves and add subroutines but I haven't found the time yet.

Eric

March 06, 2010, 04:54:15 AM
Nice video.

Those Z retracts are what I was complaining about in another post. They are very time consuming and it would be nice if TC could fix that in the next release of the plug-in.

I have thought about writing a post processor that would remove those unnecessary moves and add subroutines but I haven't found the time yet.

Eric

Nice to meet you Eric. So you are telling me that those unwanted "Z" moves could be removed in tne post processor? Well I a a newb to CNC, I just purchased a new book & am studying. That was one of the reasons for the book also, so I could get the post to the MACH3 software perfected. Are you running MACH3?

TurboCAD user since v3

* March 07, 2010, 03:06:39 PM
Yes I run Mach3 and I am a newbie also.

I could find no way in TurboCAD/CAM to remove the unneeded Z movements but it can be done by manually editing the G code. I am hoping to find some time to write a quick utility that will get rid of them but haven't found the time yet.

Eric

* September 22, 2010, 11:12:11 PM

That was very interesting experience you've had. At least in that company I think you've had an idea on how they produced that products, especially tanning oils and lotion. Good for you and in your company where you work that it really expanded.