TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Delphi 2007 Sample Project
Read 6507 times
* June 01, 2009, 04:41:19 PM
Since there has been some interest in Delphi, I have put together a simple Delphi 2007 project that connects to a running instance of TurboCAD and prints out the list of all extended properties in the Application object.

The default import of the type library done by Delphi (or tlibimp if using Turbo Delphi) gives some compilation errors, mostly due to name conflicts or to the importer's inability to recognize some properties as read-only. This project includes my modified version of IMSIGX_TLB.pas.

If you are using an older version of Delphi, the project file probably won't work, but the form's source code should work with only a few minor changes. Post here if you run into insurmountable problems. I may be able to assist with D6, D2006, D2007, and D2009.

[attachment deleted by admin]

* June 01, 2009, 07:19:34 PM
Hello Kevan, I have managed to get your example working in Turbo Delphi 2006 okay,  just had a problem with one line in the dpr file which I have commented out   {Forms.Application.MainFormOnTaskbar := True;}  , must be where you have excluded some lines of code in the IMSIGX_TLB.pas because of conversion problem. Many Thanks Kevan, at last I am up and running with a basic example with version V15 at present and the Turbo Delphi 2006 download that you so kindly informed me of. I may have a look at the Visual Studio Example that I posted , only in Delphi but will probably need a few weeks to refresh my brain in relation to pascal syntax.

* June 02, 2009, 07:38:21 AM
just had a problem with one line in the dpr file which I have commented out   {Forms.Application.MainFormOnTaskbar := True;}

Michael, that's probably a new behavior for the Delphi IDE itself -- nothing to do with the type library.

Also, do bear in mind that I'm not *just* doing Delphi samples -- I have posted a couple of Visual Basic 2008 tutorials at the TurboCAD wiki. Which reminds me, I need to post the complete project source files for them. Look for a new topic here very soon.