TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

CAM project
Read 4197 times
February 15, 2010, 03:45:13 PM
Nothing special. I had to build a new part at work today. I happened to have my video camera with me. Here is a screen shot of the part to go along with a youtube video of the cutting process. TurboCAD/CAM has really save my company a ton of money over the last year. I know it is not a perfect program & I would like some improvements, but it has done what I have needed it to do so far.

EDIT: the video is not processed as of yet, will be ready soon :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aNoERDBZko

[attachment deleted by admin]

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

February 16, 2010, 05:35:32 AM
Hai,

Nice to see some working applications.

Marc.

greetings from belgium (Pajottenland)
XP pro - SP3 - 4GB ram
- TC 16.2 / 52.0 pro Platinum
- AnimationLab 4.4 - MontageCenter 1.0
- CAM plug-in for v 16

February 16, 2010, 07:41:01 AM
Thanks for the reply. Let me tell you, I use my router almost daily. TurboCAD/CAM works great for me. I will post more videos soon, as well as more screen shots of the actual CAM screens used to make the parts. Once again thanks for the reply.

TurboCAD user since v3

February 23, 2010, 02:22:45 PM
Thanks for helping get the TurboCADCAM message out Ken!!!

Thanks,
Dave Taylor
TurboCAD Product Manager

February 24, 2010, 05:40:54 AM
Thanks for helping get the TurboCADCAM message out Ken!!!

I will tell you Dave, I have almost single handily tried to keep the CAM section of the forum alive. Has there not been much interest in the product? If that is the case, how does IMSI rectify that, or do you even want to? But with that said, I really like the program, I would just like to see a few improvements. Here is a post on another forum, CNC Zone, mid way down the page, post #6, the guy complains about the lack of support & development of the CAM plug-in, http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65940. In other forums like these TurboCAD gets looked down upon. I think that perception needs to be changed. I will keep the TurboCAD fire burning across the web. :-)

TurboCAD user since v3