TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

SDK Help
Read 5980 times
February 13, 2010, 02:24:50 AM
Since there is no VBA Editor in TurboCAD, help file tcsdk.htm is not up to date, most links do not work and references to VBA Editor worth nothing. Is possible to update that file for new users to have usefull help?

* February 13, 2010, 05:56:56 PM
You can run TurboCad out of any MS Office VBA application.  I use Excel VBA.

I posted an example in this forum under SDK Corner - Contributions.

As far as help files, IMSI totally missed the boat when the knowledge base in the old forum was taken offline.

I fully agree IMSI could do us all a big favor by providing an updated VBA-SDK help file with links that are not broken.

CWC

April 05, 2010, 04:15:52 AM
The SDK Help file for TurboCAD Pro V17 trial version is the same that the former file for V16. Links do not work and references to embedded VBA editor have not changed.
don't were IMSI to update it?

* April 05, 2010, 07:51:58 AM
Hello esc-rimer
I downloaded the new helpfile without problems from this board
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,2960.0.html

>>..references to embedded VBA editor have not changed<<
the VBA-editor was from microsoft, not from IMSIDesign.
There will be no update for the vba-editor  :(

best regards
Bernd

* April 05, 2010, 05:28:12 PM
This post:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,101.0.html

Should lead you to:
http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,2960.0.htm

According to KChapman, in the second link, the VBA material is "now-obsolete".

I hope someone lets Microsoft in on the the news that VBA is "now-obsolete" as they have foolishly included VBA in Office 2010.

CWC

* April 06, 2010, 11:20:57 AM
That information was "now-obsolete" only in the context of its availability in TurboCAD; VBA itself is still alive and well, just no longer provided built-in with TurboCAD.

* April 06, 2010, 06:54:31 PM
I understood your context.  I  just could not help but have a bit of fun with it.

As you are aware, in several posts in this forum I have shown how to use Excel VBA to control TCad.  Due to forward compatability issues, I use Excel97 and TCad 10.5; however, other users of this forum have confirmed VBA from newer versions of Excel work with newer versions of TCad.

As TCad functions, methods and properties are generally addressed the same way in either VBA or VB it seems to me that it would not be a bad thing to include a section on what differences there might be between the two.  You might even consider throwing the scripting language into the mix; although, I have never seen any reason to use it or try it.

In my opinion, it is not a good idea for IMSI to further abandon the VBA users.  VBA provides the easiest was to debug a tool prior to moving it to a VB dll.

* April 07, 2010, 05:29:14 PM
ibruethsch,

My apologies, I should have paid closer attention to your post.  I just realized I duplicated the link you posted.

CWC

* May 06, 2010, 01:29:11 AM
Hello Kevan
many thanks for the new helpfile.
Question: in the old helpfile it was possible to search for word/items
In the new one that is not possible –(on my system – winxp sp3).
Can you please add this feature to the helpfile?
Thanks
Bernd