TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Printing PDF drawing sections full size
Read 518 times
* February 06, 2019, 06:40:47 AM
I have a 48" x 36" drawing which was scanned to a PDF format. I would like to be able to print a section of that drawing at full scale. I have created paper space views and tried printing 1 to 1 but the scale is off. There are dimensions on the drawing that I am trying to match.
Is there a way to adjust the printed view to show the true size without a lot of trial and error?
Using TC Deluxe 2018.

* February 15, 2019, 12:04:54 PM
If I understand what you are trying to do, try this.  In TC, go to model space of the drawing.  Create a view of the section you want to print full scale.  Go to a blank paper space page and insert a viewport.  Click the properties box to be sure the viewport scale is set to full size or 1:1 (this may be where your problem is).  When you print, make sure the print setup scale is also full scale, you can print directly to pdf using a pdf writer such as Primo PDF or Cute PDF.  Finally, when you go print a hard copy of the pdf file be sure the page scaling box on the print page says None. 

* February 15, 2019, 11:11:28 PM

It is hard to work accurately with scanned images because they aren't in a vector format even though they are PDF.
But you could get is as accurate as possible.
Check the scanned image is scaled correctly? Measure 2 points that you know the dimension of if its not right scale up accordingly.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

* February 15, 2019, 11:59:35 PM
This is the way I get the true size of scanned images.
On the the drawing, choose two pairs of points that are easily found on the imported image. One pair in the X-direction and the other in the Y-direction.
Measure these distances as accurately as you can - let's call them xd and yd.
In model space, use the dimension tool to create two dimensions; one between the two x scale points and one between the two y scale points. Suppose these turn out to be xm and ym.
Select the whole image in model space, including the the two dimensions, and then tab into the x-scale field, press F2 to bring up the calculator and type xd/xm and press enter. Copy and paste the result into the x-scale field, hit tab to select the y-scale field, use the calculator to compute yd/ym and copy/paste the result in the y-scale field. The press Enter to scale the entire model correctly. The dimensions should now show the measured values and the whole image is the correct size.
I do the x and y scales separately because scanners often generate slightly inconsistent aspect ratios. If you are satisfied that your scanned image  has the correct aspect ratio you can use a single dimension and insert the same ratio in both the x and y scale fields.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5