TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Cant Set the Objects Colours
Read 539 times
* February 18, 2019, 08:23:37 PM
I downloaded this file from 3D Warehouse and converted it to tcw, What I cant do is control any original object colour. Ive checked all aspects like pen, block, design director, material etc but I cannot change the original colours that this file is set to. What the?

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* February 18, 2019, 10:46:16 PM
Okay found the culprit. Its inside the active drawing only so how can you strip the active drawing materials from a file?

Daz
TCW V21, 2016-2019 PP, Animation Lab V5, TurboPDF V2-V3 & LightWorks Rendering Engine mostly.

* February 19, 2019, 01:15:26 AM
Use the Render manager tool and then select the active drawing at the top and delete all the active materials properties only.

Daz

* February 19, 2019, 01:21:42 AM
Darryl.  Just an observation regarding the objects.

There is some corruption with the 4 group objects, (4 nuts).  if you select one of the group nuts, you get a huge bounding box,  it one explodes the group it vanishes.  If one moves one of the groups just a little bit, the group moves itself a long way off, and re-sizes to 22 ft, ( that's a big nut  :) ).  I'd suggest deleting the 4 groups and copying the ones from the opposite end of the rods, which are blocks.

I don't know if its just on my computer but.  The attached is what I see.  I dragged a selection window around all the motor, and moved the motor a little to the right.

Andy
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:30:56 AM by Andy H »

February 19, 2019, 04:47:34 AM
Use the Render manager tool and then select the active drawing at the top and delete all the active materials properties only.

Did you mean something other than Render Manager or Edit Active Render Style under the Options dropdown menu?  Because this is what I see and neither of them seem to be able to do what you advise.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

* February 19, 2019, 05:08:24 AM
Did you mean something other than Render Manager or Edit Active Render Style under the Options dropdown menu?  Because this is what I see and neither of them seem to be able to do what you advise.
Jeff

Not the Render Style Jeff.  but options menu - Materials - Edit (RedSDK or Lightworks) Materials, this allows access to the active drawing materials, and right clicking on one allows deletion.

However, whilst this appears to work well for TC Surface objects, I have known it to cause problems with ACIS objects, mainly if the material is not removed first from the object before deleting it.  It may just be on my computer, but I've occasionally seen TC retain ACIS facet materials even after deleting Active drawing materials.  So I tend to remove all materials from an object first, before deleting them. Just to be on the safe side.

* February 19, 2019, 01:01:56 PM
Jeff I removed all the active materials from the active drawing only that way I could then set my own colours. Found that all materials from the original SKP file where stored under my Windows Users folder.

Daz