TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

rename a material
Read 303 times
* January 31, 2019, 01:22:33 PM
It's been quite a few years since I've done any rendering, but with the cold winter going on, I've decided to torture myself again. I'm creating several wood desktops with grain going in different directions. After much frustration and trial and error I realized that to keep my changes I needed to rename the material with grain going in a different direction. Somehow I managed to get the box to pop up to change the name. I cant seem to replicate this. How do I get the box to pop up to change the material name and make the changes stick? I'm using Pro Platinum 2018. Thanks

January 31, 2019, 01:42:31 PM

* January 31, 2019, 02:42:44 PM
I usually use Windows or windows paint to rotate an image  90 degrees..then create the two in turbocad..say one cherry and the other cherry_90..

Windows 7 ..Dell Precision laptop
Turbocad 9 Professional
Turbocad 21 Professional

* January 31, 2019, 03:32:29 PM
Mike, are you rendering with LightWorks or RedSDK?

Henry H

* February 01, 2019, 02:23:17 AM
Henry, I'm using Lightworks. I even have and referred to your book 'Photorealism V8". My question simply put is: how do I rename and save a material after I create it?

* February 01, 2019, 03:24:36 AM
A few years ago they brought out the 'Active drawing area'.  This means there are now two areas for the materials to reside.  choosing a material from the TC material database, (the same way you used to do it) puts the material into the active area. To create, rename, etc.  a material, you need to go to Options menu - Materials - Edit 'Lightworks' Materials.  In the dialog,  right click on something (The word material, or a material name), brings up the sub menu

If you just want the material for one drawing you can rename, copy, in the 'active drawing'. (click the + sign against active drawing). if there are any materials used in the drawing they will show up here.  You can also copy material from the TC Database and paste them into the active drawing. they are automatically only saved with the drawing. 

For materials used in multiple drawings, you need to have them in the TC database (same dialog box as above).  anything done here should be available for multiple drawings. (I say 'should' as I've known it to fail).

See Render Manager help file for right click options, but ignore the first bit of that page.