TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Transform tools scale tool doesn't scale?
Read 204 times
* January 30, 2019, 06:51:23 PM
I have the need to rescale a number of objects individually so that their centre of extents wouldn't move, lines coincident in 3D space but longer.  It's doable from the inspector bar, but the scale factor can't be locked, so what might've been: select, tab, enter becomes select, tab, scale factor, enter.  I thought that maybe the transform tool scale tool could be used with record, so: select, TT playback, select next, a one-shot action.  But the TT scale factor is greyed out for me, tabbing doesn't make it accept keyboard, and the up/down arrows to the right of the scale factor box don't work either.  So I've looked at this in versions from V17 to 2016, they're the same.  Is this functional and I'm not doing it right, or has it been broken from the start?   

*edit*  Ah! Discovery!  The  transform tool recorder records inspector bar transformations and makes copies with each replay!  Actually a  very cool undocumented thing.   
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 07:17:31 PM by murray dickinson »