TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

printing to size A0, A1, A2 paper
Read 468 times
* December 23, 2018, 07:37:24 PM
Turbocad 2018 pro platinum.  Drilling holes in large metal plates.  It would be most convenient if I could print out a full size outline of the plate with holes to be drilled, and adhere it to the blank plate.  Saves time.  So I make the drawing and it prints fine on letter size paper on the office printer (reduced in size).  FedExKinko's will print an A2 sheet for only 90 cents, if only I could get Windows 10 to cooperate.

But if I set the drawing sheet size to A2 (about 16 inches by 23 inches), choose printer sheet size the same, and use "Microsoft print to PDF" a box pops up with this text:  "Cannot print with the current printer setup. Check the printer connection."

Does anyone have suggestions?

* December 23, 2018, 09:33:23 PM
I believe that "Microsoft print to PDF" only works with Microsoft products; Word, Excel, etc. When I try it with TurboCAD 2018, it locks up the program. There are free PDF programs available on the 'net that should be able to do the job.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* December 25, 2018, 06:51:19 PM
Thanks, John R.  I've seen the light.  The free version of SODA PDF works very well.  What a relief.  Thanks again.