TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Alot of spams
Read 535 times
December 20, 2018, 10:57:03 AM
Dear All,

Nowadays we are facing a-lot of spams posts. I am checking the issue and will fix ASAP.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: zattif@imsidesign.com

* December 20, 2018, 01:32:06 PM
All forums will get spam, even the ones which need admin approval before allowing someone to post can't filter out all spammers.  Unless your meaning stuff which may get auto deleted before ever making it onto the forum, (like a 'denial of service' attack).

One thing I have wondered is.  Do you (and all admin) get notification when we press 'report to moderator'  I know myself and Don do (and I assume John does as well).  All of us hit the report button (when possible) before deleting the post.   I only ask as in recent times I stopped sending yourself a PM whenever someone needs deleting, unless they post a lot of spam all at once.    there are currently around 10 to 12 people who required deleting from the forum. With 'LeroyEdiGh' being a particular pain.

Oh. in case anyone is interested, we have had 18 reported since beginning of November,  and 190 reported this year,  (with probably around another 25 deleted without being reported).

* December 20, 2018, 03:31:35 PM
I hadn't noticed that there was a lot spam; just a few once in a while. It used to be worse.

When will the other Forums get faster servers? TurboCAD Windows and TurboCAD Mac are the only forums that respond within a few seconds. DesignCAD, TurboCAD LTE, TurboFloorPlan, etc. take 60 to 90 seconds to load and switching between topics take just as long. Makes me think that these programs are no longer supported by IMSI/Design.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2018
Designer, Deluxe, Expert, Basic, Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit

December 21, 2018, 05:42:07 AM
Yes you are right that Load time is not high from last couple of weeks. We have identified the problem at servers and trying to fix.

Thanks & Regards,
Zunair Attif
Manager QA\Support
IMSI Design
Email: zattif@imsidesign.com

* December 21, 2018, 10:44:35 AM
I am a casual forum poster with a half dozen posts.  My first 5 posts required typing in some letters and answering a simple question.  My 6th post let me hit reply right away.  Maybe the spammers get past the 5-post verification limit and go crazy.

Personally, I wouldn't mind increasing the verification limit to be a bit higher, maybe 20-25 posts.  It would only be a minor inconvenience and the power users wouldn't be affected.

btw: the moderators must be doing a great job because the spam posts are gone before I log in every 1-2 days.

* December 21, 2018, 05:35:01 PM
It would very helpful to have the spammer removed from the User's list after the 1st reported spam.

DonCW

2017 Platinum
Light Works Plug in
Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

December 24, 2018, 11:42:34 AM
I hadn't noticed that there was a lot spam; just a few once in a while. It used to be worse.

When will the other Forums get faster servers? TurboCAD Windows and TurboCAD Mac are the only forums that respond within a few seconds. DesignCAD, TurboCAD LTE, TurboFloorPlan, etc. take 60 to 90 seconds to load and switching between topics take just as long. Makes me think that these programs are no longer supported by IMSI/Design.
John, as a BETA Tester on DesignCAD too, I have spoken to a couple at IMSI and it was being looked into. I went to the DC forum yesterday and gave up waiting. Way beyond a joke on how slow it is.

CREO 3 and 5
SolidWorks 2017
TC2018 Pro Platinum.
TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 64 bit. TurboCad V21 Pro Platinum 32 bit CADCAM.
TurboCAD 2015 ProPlat.
TurboCAD LTE/DoubleCAD Pro V7.
TurboCAD Deluxe V21 64 bit.
VISI 21 CADCAM
Christchurch, Middle Earth.