TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Placing a block into paper space
Read 619 times
* December 09, 2018, 04:58:56 PM
Good evening all from a cold damp UK.

I have an assembly in which I have blocks. I can create named views and viewports of the assembly in a paper space, but can't create viewport for an individual component part of the assembly, the individual block. I get an error message saying I cannot change draing space while edit block/group content mode is active.

So do I have to create another layer for each component part in a block? or is there nothe way round this?

Seccond question, In paper space I get a visible box round each named view. I can turn this off by selecting the object properties and turning this off, but I can only do this one box at a time, which is a bit of a pain. I there a properties setting to turn the box on and off for all the views at the same time.

Marcel

* December 09, 2018, 08:40:53 PM
I control viewports using layers. You can also edit the shape of the viewport - using node edit  - but that is only useful if the components aren't close to eachother.

You can select all the viewports and change the linetype to Invisible - which is the same as turning the outer edge off.

Nikki
TC20 platinum
TC 2015 platinum
TC 2017 with lightworks

December 17, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
I have an assembly in which I have blocks. I can create named views and viewports of the assembly in a paper space, but can't create viewport for an individual component part of the assembly, the individual block. I get an error message saying I cannot change draing space while edit block/group content mode is active.

Exit the Block Edit function and return to normal editing in Model space.  You will then be able to create a View of the desired object.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1

December 17, 2018, 05:18:09 PM
Seccond question, In paper space I get a visible box round each named view. I can turn this off by selecting the object properties and turning this off, but I can only do this one box at a time, which is a bit of a pain. I there a properties setting to turn the box on and off for all the views at the same time.

No, you can select all Viewports simultaneously and deactivate the Visible radio button, as seen in the attached video.

Jeff

TC Pro Platinum 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016 & 2015 (all with LightWorks & RedSDK) & V21
System: i7-5820K @ 3.30GHz, ASRock X99 Extreme4, 16GB DDR4-2133 RAM, Gigabyte GTX 970, Samsung NVMe SSD 950 (256GB), Windows 7 Pro (64-bit) SP1